•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

How do I get the 4 lowest scores from 6

FM7

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Aric H  novice

Aric H
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • FM Application:7
  • :

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:12 PM

I cant get the team score to work, I tried to change scores, to no sucess.

#42 RalphL  Pooh-Bah

RalphL
  • Members
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
  • FM Application:12 Advance
  • Platform:Mac OS X Snow Leopard
  • Membership:TechNet
  • Time Online: 2d 19h 47m 17s

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:27 PM

Try clicking on the team score field after updating. You may also want to look at using a script with the Refresh Window Flush Cached join. You can use the Event Script Plug-in to automate this.
Ralph

#43 mattosaur4  novice

mattosaur4
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • :

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hi Ralph

I've been going through your post here and trying to apply it to a similar database where I want to get the top 2 highest marks from 4 marks. I have a Student and Assignment Table related via the Student ID (one to many).

The part I can't get to work is how do I get the ValueList to be in Descending Order? from the sample files you've made I can't see any sorting going on, it looks as if the scores were entered from lowest to highest to get them in the correct order in the ValueList field. Is this so? If not how can I get the ValueList field to be ordered so the 2 highest marks are on the two top lines?

Thanks, Matt

#44 mattosaur4  novice

mattosaur4
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • :

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

Hi Ralph

flag that I just figured out the Value List does the sorting ascending and theres no way to change that so I've used your suggestion above with the ValueCount function to figure out the bottom entry (highest mark) and ValueCount-1 to get the 2nd bottom (2nd highest mark).

#45 roemere  newbie

roemere
  • Newbies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts
  • FM Application:12 Advance
  • Platform:Windows 7
  • Skill Level:Novice

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

I am also interested in this...is the sample file available anywhere?

FMForum Advertisers