Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joshua K.

FM Pro Unlimited 5 not finding FM server

1 post in this topic

We are migrating our web server from Windows to Linux, and are moving our FMU package to a Windows 2003 machine where the web server will proxy it.

FMU runs fine, as far as operation goes, but when it starts up, it will not find the FM server, even though it is in the same subnet. When I click on "Local hosts" nothing shows up in the list. If I click on the server name (I've added it to the list) it finds it just fine. The 2003 box can do both forward and reverse lookups on the name/ip of the FM server, and can connect to it fine when explicitly given the name, but it will not find it automatically which prevents FMU from starting up at boot.*

Any ideas?

j----- k-----

*We have a user set to auto-login, and this user runs FMU as part of their startup.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Fog
      We are using Filemaker5 Unlimited currently as a web server along with Filemaker5 Pro Server as a site for our databases. Both computers are Macs. We are using Home Page 3.0 for Web interaction. How do we make our Web server site secure? This would be the first step to taking payments over the Web. I'm new at this, please help.
    • By CLL
      We have a small web site using WebStar 4.3 and Filemaker 5 unlimited/web companion with a few custom published web pages for searching for classes in a catalog.
      For some reason, Filemaker unexpectedly and seemingly at random, "disappears". IE it does not show up in the finder, but when I try to restart it I get the "too many licensed users" (we have only one license for unlimited) and I have to restart the machine.
      I have enabled the error logs to see what pages are being used when it crashes, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. No consistent searches being performed. The interval between crashes ranges from a few hours to a few days-- it doesn't seem to be dependent on load either, in that it happens sometimes with almost no accesses and at other times after a long period of high access.
      This is driving me crazy! I have: run tech tool pro and cleaned/scanned/defragged the disk, moved from os 8.6 to 9.0x, tried on two completely different machines (one G3, another G4), tried opening the db's locally and from a Filemaker 5 Server machine, disabled all plugins that were not necessary for the operation.
      I am running out of options. This is a pretty stock setup and I have to believe that someone out there has experienced similar problems.
    • By wayne
      I can't get auto-filled data to appear in a new record.htm so the user can see the info for those fields. After the record is submitted the info is there correctly but it doesn't show in the new record.htm. I've tried to use the cdml tag:
      [FMP-Field artNumber] in a textbox and not in a textbox as is used for the display. My guess is it's not accessing the dB in order to display this info only the field names.
      Thanks
      Wayne
    • By jjacques
      Okay, I've played with FileMaker 5 and have been impressed. I'd like to publish a few databases on the web but I'm finding the "Instant Web Publishing" limitations unacceptable.
      I've worked with GoLive 4 and found it a useful tool. With GoLive 5 now available, it provides some useful upgrades.
      I've got a Beige G3 300Mhz machine with a static IP hooked to the University backbone.
      I'd like to combine these resources....
      Is someone using GoLive5 with FM Pro Unlimited on a Mac? Is it reasonable to combine these tools to create educational college level courseware for survey research classes?
      Can you recommend some useful resources that will enable efficient integration of these tools and equipment?
      Thanks,
      jeff
    • By upwood
      After some time (seems time is random) Filemaker will generate an error of "Database Not Open" when users try to connect to the web front-end I have created (when, in fact, when I look at the console, FMP is maximized and running-all DBs ARE open, I can perform things on the open DBs from within FMP itself). I'm running Filemaker 5.0V3 (unl) and web connector 5.0V6 under Win2kpro.
      Has anyone seen this before? Once any user gets this error, the web front-end is useless (for everyone) until I restart Filemaker. This is a major concern! Please Help
      Addition: It appears that whenevr this happens this appears in the web connector error log: [28/Dec/2000:15:58:28 -0500] HTTP session disconnected.
      Any ideas?
      [This message has been edited by upwood (edited December 22, 2000).]
      [This message has been edited by upwood (edited December 29, 2000).]