•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

checkbook DEBIT CREDIT BALANCE

FM7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fperezl  novice

fperezl
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • FM Application:7
  • :

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:45 PM

hi,
i am kinda tired of using excel to track my checkbook. I will like to build a database that will ask me for date, description, payment, deposit and account balance.

The idea is to create sort of like a mini-checkbook.

I have tried a number of ways to make this work in filemaker but perhaps i dont understand how databases work.

thanks in advance.

#2 mr_vodka  Candy is Dandy... But Liquor is Quicker

mr_vodka
  • Moderators
  • 5,917 posts
  • LocationOld Bridge, NJ
  • FM Application:12 Advance
  • FMGo:iPad
  • Platform:Windows XP
  • Skill Level:Expert
  • Certification:8, 9, 10, 11
  • Membership:TechNet, FileMaker Business Alliance
  • Time Online: 9d 7h 4m 12s

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:58 PM

I would suggest taking a look at the tutorial / sample files that came with FM7. I believe they still have a pretty decent tutorial with a line items table. For what you want, it should fairly easy. Dont forget to have a global field for your starting balance so it will be accurate when you do your running balance.
- John Ahn
Life3D Studios
FMfunctions.com, Co-founder

FMForum Advertisers