Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 posts in this topic

i am kinda tired of using excel to track my checkbook. I will like to build a database that will ask me for date, description, payment, deposit and account balance.

The idea is to create sort of like a mini-checkbook.

I have tried a number of ways to make this work in filemaker but perhaps i dont understand how databases work.

thanks in advance.

I would suggest taking a look at the tutorial / sample files that came with FM7. I believe they still have a pretty decent tutorial with a line items table. For what you want, it should fairly easy. Dont forget to have a global field for your starting balance so it will be accurate when you do your running balance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Filemaker 6 for Mac issue.
      By Tumma K
      Hello, All!

I am an aspiring developer for Filemaker. The company I work with is stuck in the past working off of Filemaker Pro 4.1

I was given the task of bringing us up to Filemaker Pro/Server 13. So far my conversion prototypes are successful but we recently had a layout issue that can only be fixed in versions 3-6 (as the file is an .fp3) I work off of a macbook while our network is all Windows 7. In order for me to repair the layouts without tampering our active database, I decided the best option is to repair a copy of our solutions off the network. Unfortunately, when I go to download the trial version of Filemaker Pro 6 off of the respected website, the file is corrupt! I've tried multiple times, with different extraction apps and in different directories.

My question is;

Does anyone know a place where I could obtain version 6 (or better yet, 4.0) for an OSX computer? I've looked everywhere!
      Thank you for your time,
      Tumma K.
    • FM3 upgrade to FM Pro 5.5 - Windows 8 installation possible?
      By MrEddByrnes
      I'm hoping my question can have a happy ending. In the mid-90's, I purchased Filemaker 3. When Filemaker 5.5 Pro was released, I bought the update CD, which requires the user to either have FM 3 installed or to have the installation CD for FM 3. I've used it all these years, most recently with Windows XP Pro, and it has worked just fine. The databases I began with were long ago converted to FM Pro 5.5 databases.
      I'm still using FM Pro 5.5 on a laptop with WinXP Pro, but in 2013, I purchased a PC with Windows 8. I haven't been able to install FM 3 on it, therefore can't install FM Pro 5.5. I am retired and rarely use Filemaker, but I have a few Filemaker databases I'd like to add to my Win 8 machine. I don't feel it's worth upgrading FM for the sake of using a couple of databases.
      Has anyone else run into this situation and/or have a (possible) solution? Is there perhaps any other software that can read FM 5.5 databases? Thanks in advance for your help.
    • Moving data from fp5 to fp13
      By bmill
      I am using a custom filemaker solution for medical office billing written with fp5 running on a mac with snow leopard. In addition, I have a patient management db (which I wrote) that is linked through pt. ID number to the billing program allowing transfer of some demographic information (name, DOB, etc).
      Other than being limited by hardware restrictions, the billing program serves our needs for now and upgrading to fp12 will take some time (and money).  In the meantime, I am upgrading my pt. management program to fp13 and would like to move new patient demographic information from the billing program ( fp5 running on snow leopard through Parallels) and the new pt management program ( fp13 running on OS X 10.9) on the same mac.   
      Ideally, demographic information would be entered once into fp5 and then a scipt would make the data available for fp13.
      Any ideas on how to make this work?
    • Filemaker 5.5 database will not delete records on-line
      By randyinla
      Hi, can anyone tell me why my on-line database might have stopped allowing me to delete records?  All of my access privileges and passwords are correct.
    • Are there still hosting providers for filemaker 5.5?
      By randyinla
      Hi, I still use filemaker 5.5 and am very happy with it and don't want to upgrade.  Does anyone still host filemaker 5.5?  Thanks!