Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is there a Plug-in for Peachtree?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a FileMaker plug-in for facilitating data exchange between FM and Peachtree? I googled but came up empty handed.

Also, any preferences on plug-ins for using bar code readers?

Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)

see if this gets something started:

Post#92322

In essence, I have not seen a 'plugin' but there are ways arround it. It depends on what data you are after.

Edited by

Posted

Thanks, that's a good start.

Posted

There was something i saw a while back, But not anymore.

However, i have found some workarounds.

I use a programming language called AutoIt (www.autoitscript.com) to automate annoying tasks in windows.

I have created several programs for internal use that can copy to and from the peachtree customer & vendor tables to filemaker pro.

I also have a way to pull out the header information for quotes and invoices.

but repeating fields such as line items for quotes and invoices i have yet been able to figure out.

AutoIt is a very easy language to learn, the tools they give and the help on the forums is great.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Posted

Yes I know of a plugin to get FileMaker to talk to Peachtree. I'm working on one and almost finished.

What functionality are you looking for from a plugin like this?

As far as barcode reading goes, they emulate keyboards, plug-n-play, what trouble are you having?

Posted

Please let me know when you finish your plugin, as I'm sure that I'll be asked about FMP-Peachtree integration again at some point.

As to the project that started the request for a plug-in, the client switched to QuickBooks, so I don't have any immediate need for exchanging data betweeen FMP and Peachtree.

Many thanks to all that replied!

Posted

I just found your post from January. I am interested in any information you can send me about a PeachTree plugin for FileMaker. Please send to randy@randyliefer.com.

Thanks.

Posted

Still no plugin for FMP to talk directly to Peachtree?

Posted

I don't think there is enough demand for anyone to develop and maintain a plugin. Most accounting software have published APIs / SDKs that make integration relatively straightforward.  Not sure if Sage 50 has one or it requires you to step up to one of its big brothers.