•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

Portal [ check product item to ask for more details ]

portal search portal tag!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 imoree  master

imoree
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationBahamas
  • FM Application:11 Advance
  • Platform:Mac OS X Lion
  • Skill Level:Intermediate
  • Membership:TechNet
  • Time Online: 50d 11h 26m 39s

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

Hello all,

i have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I am trying to come up with a system that
when user chooses a product from a drop down list in a portal, it is added. The only issue i need is that
If the user chooses a cake ( i need to ask for the flavor, filling, message,etc ) then take those variables & add to the order
but not the portal.
1st - is this possible
2nd - any other way to get this behavior.

thank you

-imoree

#2 comment  consultant

comment
  • Members
  • 24,188 posts
  • Time Online: 329d 2h 6m 2s

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

Not sure what you mean by "add to the order but not the portal". Surely an order does not have a flavor, does it?

In any case, I don't think we have enough information to provide an answer. Do all products have variations? How different/similar are they from product to product?

#3 imoree  master

imoree
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationBahamas

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

I think i figured a solution out.
What i did was write a script so when it is sent to be printed my script loops through the
portal object , checks for "keywords" and then alerts user to missing data & then goes to set field contents.

At least this seems to be working for me right now.

to answer the question above. All products do have variations. e.g - cupcakes & cakes ( buttercream, whip cream, fondant), cupcakes , whip cream, image, buttercream , cream cheese. Cookies, image , iced, etc
Various combinations and customization options.

-i

#4 comment  consultant

comment
  • Members
  • 24,188 posts
  • Time Online: 329d 2h 6m 2s

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:09 AM

I would run a script when a product is selected. You can do this by attaching a script trigger to the drop-down list in the portal - or you could have another portal showing all products and select the product by clicking on it. The script would open a new window where the user can choose all variations available for the selected product.

That concerns the user interface - there's another question here how to organize the data itself.

#5 imoree  master

imoree
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationBahamas

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

that sounds better & i am still designing the organization of the date. my ERD design is taking some time due to the
complexity of our business.

thanks again

FMForum Advertisers