Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danus78

FM Server 2011 Admin Console Password Recovery

5 posts in this topic

I need to make recovery of the Admin Console Password properly FileMaker Server2011. I assumed management of this server and I would like to avoid deleting the 4configuration file to reset your password. Unfortunately, those who first ran the serverdid not leave the data access.

thanks

There really is no "recovery" feature. Close files using terminal CLI, and then delete the configuration files. Call up the console and reconfigure.

Steven

Steven,

Can you elaborate on that process? We recently changed the Admin Console password for our FMS 10 and today, following a power outage which our battery backup was unable to handle, I am unable to login using either the new or previous password.

Thank you,

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By animation_master
      FileMaker Pro 15 Launch Center connects to our AWS instance with no problem. But then it reports
      No files are currently hosted on AWS instancename.
      Well, there ARE files currently hosted. We access them via WebDirect, so they must be hosted.
      Moreover, when we launch a local copy of the file, FileMaker offers to open the remote copy with
      This file has previously been uploaded to FileMaker Server. Use Hosted Version?
      It even displays the proper address for the hosted file.
      However Use Hosted Version returns this error:
      The file “filename.fmp12“ could not be opened. (Extended privilege disabled)
      So, we created a privilege set that extended privileges for fmwebdirect, fmapp and fmxdbc.
      On the next launch of Remote Version, we got this:
      FileMaker cannot share a file because FileMaker network sharing is turned off.
      So, we turned on ODBC sharing, and on the next launch, we got this:
      FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using FileMaker Pro on this computer.
      I’m going in circles here. Are these errors related? What am I doing wrong?
    • By JeromeMaeckelbergh
      I am working already a few months on my file "DTW-new.fmp12" via the FM-server 15 on my MacBook Pro without problem and suddenly today this file can't be found anymore, although it is still on the server. But it shows that the status is "Closed", so I probably should change this to "Normal" or something else. Sorry for my ignorance, but I can't figure out how to do this. I tried with "open" and "open all", but this doesn't help me.
      Thanks for any help,
      Jerome

• By Bailey Kessing
      I am running a server script periodically (every hour lets say) which does some database maintenance, uploads some files, etc. I do this on a number of Filemaker Servers (latest server version running on Windows machines) without problems…except for one server. On this server I use scriptmaster to up load some large files into containers as they are generated from scientific instruments. The problem is that the server runs seems to run out of RAM memory after a "few" days. I think this is the only thing that this server does differently than the other 4 servers and feel that this is the problem. My question is…is there a way to "flush" memory used by the plugin or by the FM server. Has anyone else experienced something similar or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks. 
    • By mcsebot
      I suspect this has been answered before but my searches aren't finding what I need.
      I have two databases and I'm linking fields from DB2 to the interface in DB1. I have external authentication going. When user connects to DB1 their asked for authentication for DB2. I don't what them to have access to DB2 and I don't want them to see DB2 as would happen if I were to even give them read only.
      I've setup the External Data Source between the two FileMaker databases. What might I be missing? I should be able to display data from other databases without giving the user read access to all the databases. 
      I hope you understand what I'm trying to say and thank you for any help.
      Where's my Boot-Camp,
      ~MCSEBOT
    • By Joost Miltenburg
      LS,
      I am trying to enter a gmail account data for the smtp-data in FMServer. It is however failing on me. I was able to configure the account in my email program with these settings, so what gives ?
      Any takers ?