Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FM Server 2011 Admin Console Password Recovery

5 posts in this topic

I need to make recovery of the Admin Console Password properly FileMaker Server2011. I assumed management of this server and I would like to avoid deleting the 4configuration file to reset your password. Unfortunately, those who first ran the serverdid not leave the data access.

There really is no "recovery" feature. Close files using terminal CLI, and then delete the configuration files. Call up the console and reconfigure.

Can you elaborate on that process? We recently changed the Admin Console password for our FMS 10 and today, following a power outage which our battery backup was unable to handle, I am unable to login using either the new or previous password.

Thank you,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Gianluca D'Aquino
      Hello there,
      I'm just investigating on 2 issue I have on sync 2 DB, 1 on the server and 1 on the iPad that are set to use a Spoke Db in the middle tier.
      Basically the sync is set to copy ALL the data from some tables on the server to the local db and send some data from the local db to the end server db. For some reason, on a large table, called Articles, with more than 130k records, the sync does not copy all the record for some users. There is no 'filter' based on user on the end db, and I run a pre-populate sync on the spoke db that copied all 130k records. When the sync is run for that specific user, the final result on the iPad is that the sync DELETES 12k records for no apparent reason.
      In addition, there is a Global table that has always 1 records and is get from the server to the client. But I found some times that there are several records on that table (more than 10) on the server, even if the sync is set to write on the spoke and not viceversa for that table. I have the suspect that are written from the sync. Is it possible?
      Thanks in advance,
    • By turbopige
      I have MirrorSync(2.6) configuration with FileMaker Server to FileMaker Server Configuration.
      I Stop the synchronisation, I stop FileMaker server spoke , I transfer on the new one...  
      I have to change the ip configuration on the Spoke Server but MirrorSync ask me to install with a clean DataBase .... But it's impossible because we have a lot of Container Field ... and it will take to much time... 
      What can i do to not have this problem. 
      Thank you
    • By sam215
      One of the database was corrupted. So we have created clone of that database and performed recovery. We have imported records from this recovered file into new clone file.
      This database is connected(relationship) to other database.e.g there are two database Department & employee database.These two table are created via DEPT_ID.I performed recovery on employee database.
      Department Employee DEPT_ID EMP_ID DEPT_NAME DEPT_ID   EMP_NAME Now When I create new employee for XYZ department.It is assigned to the another department.
      How to solve this ?
      I checked the recovery logs and did not find any errors but found this line
    • By Asu
      Hello - I opened a very simple file I have been using for years (originated as v12 now 15) and it presented me with a password window. It is a simple index card file containing study material  and it has never ever been password protected. 
      I tried with my computer account info and it did not work.  Admin-admin or blank-blank ditto. Again, it has never been password protected as it had no reason to be. Fortunately I could restore it from a backup drive, of course it was not password protected and it opened without a hitch. 
      How could this have happened? Has anyone ever heard about such thing? 
    • By Anthony
      I am using Insert From URL to send HTTP GET request to my server and get the result.
      I have a function PING that returns 1 if the server is online, but it cannot returns 0 if it is not so I am catching the error on filemaker :
      Connection timed out; the timeout value is 60 seconds.
      Is there a way to reduce  this timeout value so the user does not have to wait a minute to know that the server is offline ?
      Similarly, if a process takes too long to answer, is there a way I can timeout the Insert From URL command ?