Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danus78

FM Server 2011 Admin Console Password Recovery

5 posts in this topic

I need to make recovery of the Admin Console Password properly FileMaker Server2011. I assumed management of this server and I would like to avoid deleting the 4configuration file to reset your password. Unfortunately, those who first ran the serverdid not leave the data access.

thanks

There really is no "recovery" feature. Close files using terminal CLI, and then delete the configuration files. Call up the console and reconfigure.

Steven

Steven,

Can you elaborate on that process? We recently changed the Admin Console password for our FMS 10 and today, following a power outage which our battery backup was unable to handle, I am unable to login using either the new or previous password.

Thank you,

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Any equivalent to Send Event that can be run server-side?
      By MrVinceo
      I'm trying to execute a windows cmd script server-side from client machines. I've got this working locally using Send Event, but I found that this command isn't compatible with server schedules, which I believe would be the best way to do this in conjunction with a flag. The specifics of the script I'm wanting to deploy are:
      We use Google Apps for our user accounts, of which we have thousands. We currently use Google Apps Manager, a cmd tool for making remote changes to accounts and other aspects of Google apps, on a linux server as part of an automated workflow that is triggered by Filemaker/ODBC etc. However, occasionally the process trips up, or a user needs changes to be made to their account so I'm wanting to create an interface in Filemaker that the team can use to execute a server-side script that performs actions on a record-by-record basis. E.g., one of the script steps is
      Send Event [""; "aevt"; "odoc"; "cmd.exe /c gam create user " & Enrolled Courses::Gmail & " firstname " & Contact Details::First Name &" lastname " & Contact Details::Last Name & " password " & Enrolled Courses::Password]  - this works when run locally on the server, but not from clients due (I presume) to the Send Event step.
      We can't install the command line tool on each of the client machines due to security implications, and also because they're a mix of macs & PCs and the server is Windows, so I really need to be able to execute the cmd.exe server-side (although there is a Python flavour of the tool, if that opens up any options). If there any way to do this that also allows passing the required variables?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul
    • FM11 wants password
      By jockm
      I have been using FM 11 for Mac for the last couple of years. I have a couple of databases.
      Today, for the first time ever, my master database, which has always opened automatically when double clicked, is asking me for an Account and password.
      It is suggesting my home account, however the password for my home account is not working. I have tried all the possible passwords I can think of, but I cannot get into my file except as a guest and then I cant make any changes.
      I have no idea why this has suddenly happened. I never asked to password protect that file, I always just double clicked it and it opened right up. I have a second database and that one opens up correctly. When I look at the File/options, I see that it is checked not to require any password. So should the one I cant open.
      Can anybody help me?
      P.S. When open this database as a guest account I see that in File/options it says the Account is Admin with no password. Unfortuantely that also will not open it for modifying. 
    • How feasible is it for a professional to take over management of a FM server?
      By Nancy
      Hello - 
      I searched what I could but I am completely new to these forums so I apologize if I missed another thread.
      My question is whether it is feasible for a FM professional to take over an existing server given how customizable I understand it to be. Also, assuming it is, where would I go about contacting and vetting said professionals?
      I can give more information about or specific Filemaker system and current support person as needed.
      Thanks in advance 

• downloading my database from server
      By H
      Hi
      please can someone help me out, i want to download my database to send over to my colleuge however from my server console the download database option is greyed out  - not giving me an option to do from there
      in my FMP , my save a copy is also greyed out.
      please can someone explain me why this is and how i can get my database offline.
      Thanks
    • Printing PDF from iPad via PSOS
      By Dan Rosenstein
      I had a request to print PDFs from an iPad.
      In the past I created a bot that based on Sic Fried Rice's (if I'm not mistaken)  technique would print a label on a label printer by triggering a script from the iPad.
      I would like to be able print without setting up a Bot, PHP or using a plugin.
      I got close but for some reason I'm stuck on the last bit and I'm sure other developers have done this before.
      So the process I came up with so far is:
      1, I found a lightweight utility called SumatraPDF which I copied to the Doc folder on the Windows FM 14 server
      2. I populated a global field with the batch file string to print the document
      (e.g. "C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Data\Documents\sumatrapdf"  "C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Data\Documents\1.pdf"   -print-to-default)
      3. I created a print script for the iPad that runs a PSOS script that exports the global field to the documents folder and opens it

So when running the script from the iPad I can see it creates the correct batch file on the server and I can click on it manually to run - it works
      Problem is it doesn't print when run from the iPad.
      Maybe 'open automatically' isn't supported on PSOS?
      I'm open to other ideas....

Dan

Update: seems that it is unrelated to printing - the batch file just doesn't get run.