•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

Value lists- re-using previous choices

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 skingjack2  enthusiast

skingjack2
  • Members
  • 86 posts
  • FM Application:9
  • Time Online: 7h 29m 52s

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

Hello once again,

After some time away from this forum, I've chosen to revisit & streamline my current travel agency related FM solution even further to make data entry more efficient. I've encountered a small problem while not critical but is annoying/time consuming; for this I need your wisdom.

Situation as follows:

From my drop down value list of contact names (containing hundreds of them), via a portal, I assign 3 participants to an airline booking... let's call them x, y, z. To do so, via a portal, I scroll thru the dropdown value list to find participant x. I then repeat same process to find participant y & z. Tedious to say the least.

This whole process is then repeated when applying a payment by each participant to the booking. Rather than once again scrolling thru hundreds of names in the value list to find participant x, then y, then z, could the value list update to just reflect the 3 previously chosen participants x,y & z?

Is there an easier way? Could I have the previously chosen participants retained for use when assigning individual payments?

Your sharing of time & knowledge is appreciated.

Jack

FMForum Advertisers