•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

date search scripts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bbuwell  newbie

Bbuwell
  • Newbies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts
  • FM Application:11
  • Platform:Mac OS X Lion
  • Skill Level:Beginner

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

I would like to make my report have a drop down menu that will select records from

Today
Last week
Last month
6 month to today
1 year to today
last year

I am completely unsure how to do this. I am assuming there must be a script needed. In my database the dates are for when the invoice was charged/billed. No other dates to speak of.

Would someone mind walking me through this please ?

I know how to make buttons, and get them to run a script. But I don't know where to begin with the script to make the desired output / result

Thanks...

Brian

bburwell@gmail.com

#2 Lee Smith  I like the v13 layout tools

Lee Smith
  • Staff
  • 10,136 posts
  • FM Application:13 Advance
  • FMGo:iPhone / iPod Touch
  • Platform:Mac OS X Mavericks
  • Skill Level:Expert
  • Membership:TechNet
  • Time Online: 228d 13h 44m 22s

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

See if this helps. http://fmforums.com/...post__p__380588

Note: the calculation does not have to be Custom Function. Just create a new field with a calculation results of text, and paste it right in.

FMForum Advertisers