•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

Deleting records via ESS not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Reed  Pooh-Bah

Reed
  • Members
  • 1,537 posts
  • FM Application:12 Advance
  • Platform:Cross Platform
  • Skill Level:Intermediate
  • Time Online: 1d 1h 50m 4s

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I've set up ESS with a SQL server 2008 database, and viewing/editing records seems to be working fine. The problem I've encountered is that when I try to delete a record via ESS, it appears to delete, but when I search for the record again it is still there (and it's there if I look for it in SQL server management studio) I get no error messages when deleting, and if I run a delete query in the SQL server management studio, the record really does delete in that case.

Has anyone encountered an issue like this where ESS does not allow deletion?

#2 Reed  Pooh-Bah

Reed
  • Members
  • 1,537 posts
  • FM Application:12 Advance
  • Platform:Cross Platform
  • Skill Level:Intermediate
  • Time Online: 1d 1h 50m 4s

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

So a partial answer to my own question is that the data which I couldn't delete is being audited in SQL server. There are other tables which are not audited in which I'm able to delete records just fine. I just can't delete records in audited tables via ODBC or ESS. Still not sure why that is though.

FMForum Advertisers