•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

windows problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 john9210  enthusiast

john9210
  • Members
  • 151 posts
  • FM Application:12 Advance
  • Platform:Windows 7
  • Skill Level:Intermediate
  • Time Online: 5h 45m 34s

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

FM 11 Advanced. Something is creating windows when I switch from layout to layout (in layout mode). Then I get the message "This layout cannot be modified in this Window...". I then have to close the window. The Window menu displays for example, Costs, Costs-2, Costs -3, etc. I'm not running any scripts and none of my script steps create a Window. Of course, the FM Help has practically no info on Windows. Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

#2 bcooney  consultant

bcooney
  • Moderators
  • 5,739 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • FM Application:13 Advance
  • FMGo:iPad
  • Platform:Cross Platform
  • Skill Level:Expert
  • Certification:9, 10, 11, 12
  • Membership:TechNet
  • Time Online: 23d 5h 18m 17s

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

In layout mode? I could understand Browse mode and I'd look for an onLayoutLoad script trigger.

#3 john9210  enthusiast

john9210
  • Members
  • 151 posts
  • FM Application:12 Advance
  • Platform:Windows 7
  • Skill Level:Intermediate
  • Time Online: 5h 45m 34s

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

I checked every layout. None use a load script trigger. Even if they did, none of my scripts have a Windows script step. Yes, this is happening in layout mode. I switch between layouts to make changes to the layouts. After a switch, when I try to make a change is when the message appears and I can't make any changes until I use the Window menu to close out the window.

#4 comment  consultant

comment
  • Members
  • 24,117 posts
  • Time Online: 326d 3h 53m

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

The error message indicates that your application preferences are NOT set to 'Save layout changes automatically'.

I don't know why you keep getting new windows. You should get a dialog whenever you try to exit a modified layout. See if you can reproduce the issue in a new file, and what happens when you recover a copy of your file.

FMForum Advertisers