Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imoree

Basic Vlist Technique.

1 post in this topic

This is my Interpretation of the Virtual List technique and the absolute basic use.

Enjoy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Ben Moore
      I am trying to create a list of dates from multiple tables to create a gantt chart.  My projects have Shipping dates, Installation dates and task item dates.  Each of which come from their own tables.  Is there a good way to import all of these dates into one table related to the project, each with it's own record of Start date and end date.
      I'd rather have:
      Project | Item | Start_Date | End_Date|
      than:
      Project | Install_Start_Date | Install_End_Date| Ship_date | Ship_Arrive_Date | Task_Start_Date | Task_End_date
    • By Chris Scalzi
      I'm not sure if this has been answered before but I'm trying to figure out if there is any way of making a virtual list searchable. I can create buttons that will modify the eSQL search and add parameters to the search in a fairly complex way but I'm talking about just hitting the search button and searching within the table.
      I know that calculation fields cannot be searched, I have also attempted to make a text field with a calculated result with full indexing and it seems to still not be working. Any thoughts?
    • By Ocean West
      File Name: MultiPage Letters
      File Submitter: Ocean West
      File Submitted: 21 Apr 2013
      File Category: Samples
      FM Version: 13

Concept uses a large text block for data entry, the script will parse for paragraph returns and then uses the Virtual List technique to print the multi page letter.
      Also will allow for a scanned image of a signature to be appended and will slide up to the bottom of the body copy.

Also allows for manually inserting a page break by using <break> in body of text.

Click here to download this file
    • By Rick Horowitz
      Is there a way to make a popover open with a script? I see a "Close Popover" script step, but I don't see one for opening a popover.
      I'm trying to make a window pop up for creating a new record when someone clicks on a link in the Virtual List Sidebar Menu I've got going.
      Maybe I'm supposed to just use a floating window for that? I want a window where someone clicks in the menu, the window pops up, and they have to deal with it – either filling out the form, or cancelling – before they can move on with anything else.
      I'm thinking maybe it can't be done because...where you going to stick the popover in layout mode? But if I can't do that, what's next? Floating window? Modal window? 
      Thanks, in advance, for any input. 

--
      Rick Horowitz
      Filemaker n00b
    • By Ocean West
      Concept uses a large text block for data entry, the script will parse for paragraph returns and then uses the Virtual List technique to print the multi page letter.
      Also will allow for a scanned image of a signature to be appended and will slide up to the bottom of the body copy.

Also allows for manually inserting a page break by using <break> in body of text.