2 posts in this topic
I have re configuring the Research Notes Starter Solution - it works quite well for what I need. But I want to create a couple of extra tabs with portals, but I'm having trouble understanding the how the current IDs are being created (using a calculation) for the TYPE MATCH FIELD in the Data table for Notes, Documents and Media?
Could anyone help me understand this? Should I just build it from scratch? I'm using Version 14.
Thanks for your time.
By David Silverthorn
I just purchased Scriptmaster Advanced, and entered in the license.
When I attempt to generate a plugin, it gives the error:
Server error: Unable to retrieve Scriptmaster license
I've sent in a support request, but I wondered if anyone had experienced this error as well, and if it would be a simple fix from my end.
I have a MacMini running macOS Sierra with FM11PA that works; however this FM11PA was installed when there was MacOS X 10.10 on the MacMini.
Attempting to install FM11PA on my MB15R fails, well the installer appears to work fine( as pr attached image, ) but launching the app( as pr attached image ) tells me somebody has been fiddling with the installation and that I have to reinstall the application.
I've driven myself more or less crazy trying to figure this out on my own. The relationships themselves are rather simple: Each project has a list of questions. Each question has a person who created the question, and someone the question is assigned to. A question also has a number of responses associated with it which each have their own "creator".
There are 3 main tables to cover: Questions, People, and Responses
People consists of 3 fields: The UID, the person's name, and the person's email address Questions has 2 fields which relate to People: creatorID and assigneeID Responses has 1 field which relates to People: creatorID. The way the relationship graph is set up now, I have 3 instances of the People table that relate the UID field to the appropriate ID field in Questions or Responses as needed.
What I want to happen is when I set an Assignee or Creator for a question or response, I want to use the corresponding record details from the People table - if one does not exist, then create a new one. Instead what happens is a get a new record in the people table every time. Even if I set the Layout field to give me a drop down of the existing values (and I use it to select one when, say, setting the assignee on a question) it still creates a new record. So confused... any help is much appreciated.
By Laura Griffin Long
I would like to see if anyone could help me to verify if the problem I am having is a bug in Filemaker. I have recently upgraded my network from Filemaker 13 to 14. In 13 I did not experience this issue. It seems that in Filemaker 14, when a particular Hindi character is pasted into a Filemaker field it crashes the database. I have tested this on numerous machines within my network with the same result. I am hoping that someone will run this simple test for me and report back if it happened to them as well. I just need someone to create a database, create one text field. Create a new record and paste this Hindi character in that field. Then do a find and place your cursor in that field. At this point the database should crash. If anyone can confirm this I would love to know, thanks!
Hindi character: क्स्ड (I will also attach a text file with the Hindi character in case something messes up when I post this...)