Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elipsett

mac
FMS 11v5 on OSX 10.7 with Java 7.51

4 posts in this topic

I made the silly mistake up letting Java update itself, and now of course FMS won't launch.

I've cleared the Java cache several times, rebooted several times, and no matter what I do the app still says it won't launch.

Is there any fix known for this?

It would be really nice if I didn't have to reformat the whole system again just to get it running.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Apparently the problem is a missing permissions manifest in main jar, according to error information:

java.lang.SecurityException: Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://localhost:16000/admin-client-lib/admin-console-client.jar

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Hi!

You have to put your IP in JAVA exception Site list.
If your system is 10.8.5 it is better to call admin consol from another machine which has older system 10.7.x

regards 

Robi

post-110307-0-00414200-1390513028_thumb.

Hi!

You have to put your IP in JAVA exception Site list.

If your system is 10.8.5 it is better to call admin consol from another machine which has older system 10.7.x

regards 

Robi

Your screenshot helped tremendously. Thanks! I was getting totally blocked when trying to install FMS11 on a Mac 10.8 system with Java 7 v51.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Floriano Vassallo
      how to edit scripts by displaying a repeating field ?
    • By Lewis2412
      I have two filemaker servers. One is version 7 and the other is version 11 advanced. I transferred the files from FM7 server to FM11 with no problem. Long story short, everything was great until I realized that the users were still using the FM7 files. To fix the problem, I shut down the filemaker service on both servers, then made a backup of each server by copying the files to another folder. Then I removed the FM11 files that were never used and copy and pasted the .fp7 files from the FM7 server to the FM11 server. I started the filemaker service on FM11, opened the files using the FM11 console. Now when I try to open the files on a workstation, the files do not show up in the Remote list. The server console shows that they are open. How can I correct this?
    • By Joost Miltenburg
      LS,
      We recently migrated from FM14 to FM15 and suddenly some invoices come out strange after the saveAsPdf script step . ( see pic ). When in preview mode everything  seems to be ok and is printed to a printer ok.
      Theme : Classic, Font used : Calibri size 11 and 12.
      Problem occurs on Mac 10.11 and Win10 with FM15.
      When I do a print ( to preview ( mac )) and then save as pdf everything is also ok, so it seems to be related to the FM pdf renderer.
      However, not every invoice has this issue, but I wonder how data could cause this behaviour.
      Best regards !

• By bioplasma
      Recently i change my office PC to a Mac Laptop since is much more accessible for me. After getting Filemaker 12 for it, I try running the copy I have of FM starting point and this what happens.
      I will appreciated any help I can get to resolve this 

Thank you

• By carlosnorvik
      Hi:
      I want to share a good cloud backup alternative, Hubic, it gives 25 GB free, and you can schedule backup to happen "x" hours or minutes after a file has changed. 
      So just add a backup schedule to the "Hubic"folder of your PC or MAC where you have your server and instruct Hubic to sync 1 hour after, that way you make sure the upload will happen after your backup has completed.
      Neat and free.
      I was using Onedrive, but with the recent decrease in free capacity I looked for alternatives, I specially like the delay before upload.

Carlos