•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

HELP - Data lost!

fm12

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PhialMaker  newbie

PhialMaker
  • Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • FM Application:11
  • Platform:Windows 7
  • Skill Level:Intermediate

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

I ran out of space on my laptop, so I moved a huge folder called data (where I keep mostly installer EXE files) to another PC.  Big mistake.  Now, there are NO ENTRIES in my FileMaker file.  I looked for FMPRO files in the data folder, but couldn't find them.

How do I fix this mess?  What is the name of the subfolder in data that I need?

#2 David McQueen  developer

David McQueen
  • Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON, Canada
  • FM Application:11
  • Platform:Cross Platform
  • Skill Level:Expert
  • Time Online: 20h 34m 26s

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:04 AM

Confused. You say there are no entries in your filemaker file. This implies that you do have the database file open. Unless what you mean is when you open FileMaker, you cannot find any files to open.

If the former, go up in the menue and do a find all and open the status area to see how many records are actually in there. If you actually have the fmp file, moving other items to another PC should not affect the data.

If the latter, do searches for the file on both computers. Again, if you have just moved things around the file should not disappear.
David A. McQueen,
LICHEN Software,
Barrie, ON, Canada,
(705)720-9022,
www.lichen-software.com

FMForum Advertisers