Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HELP - Data lost!

2 posts in this topic

I ran out of space on my laptop, so I moved a huge folder called data (where I keep mostly installer EXE files) to another PC.  Big mistake.  Now, there are NO ENTRIES in my FileMaker file.  I looked for FMPRO files in the data folder, but couldn't find them.

How do I fix this mess?  What is the name of the subfolder in data that I need?

Confused. You say there are no entries in your filemaker file. This implies that you do have the database file open. Unless what you mean is when you open FileMaker, you cannot find any files to open.

If the former, go up in the menue and do a find all and open the status area to see how many records are actually in there. If you actually have the fmp file, moving other items to another PC should not affect the data.

If the latter, do searches for the file on both computers. Again, if you have just moved things around the file should not disappear.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Lost Data FileMaker Go 12
      By CaseyJustice
      I'm using FileMaker Go version 12.0.8 for iPad to run a database created using FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced. After collecting several days worth of data and backing up daily with no problems, I suddenly lost a day's worth of data while attempting to transfer the data to my laptop via iTunes. I could see all of the data on the iPad, but after trying to save to the laptop, all of the most recent data I collected disappeared. It's as if the most recent data was never saved on the iPad and was lost during transfer to the laptop. The only thing I can think of that might be related to this problem was an update to the iPad operating system (to version 8.4 (12H143)) that I performed prior to the last day of data collection. Now I am very nervous about using FileMaker Go to collect additional data for fear that the data will be lost. Anyone have any thought about what may have caused this or how to prevent it in the future? Thanks very much.
    • Printing X number of labels, where X is calculated in a field
      By luxpiro
      I need to print labels for items (products), and the number of labels (copies) for each product is calculated in a field of the database.
      Each record calls for a number of items to be labeled with specific instructions for packing (date, location, etc.).
      For example:
      Record 1 calls for 3 items type no.1
      Record 2 calls for 1 item type no.2
      Record 3 calls for 7 items type no. 5, and so on...
      I have duplicated the number of records in a separate database just for printing, but is so tedious (I have to process one record at a time) and is error sensitive.
      The databases I work with, generally have between 200 and sometimes up to 2,000 records (or more) per database. And each one can generate from 200 to 5,000 labels (or more), that's why I'm looking for a more convenient solution.
      Any ideas are really appreciated.
    • Portal not behaving (as I think it should)
      By BergsHM
      Hi! I am new to Filemaker, but have done several hours of tutorials and was pretty confident when I started to build a little portal yesterday. Essentially, my portal needs to act as a portal on an Invoice layout, where the user can add a certain quanity of specified products to a invoice list, which is then summed at the bottom.
      My first try did not work, but I found a fantastic little example Filemaker Pro file that seemed to work perfectly (admittedly, it was Filemaker 7), but its portal included fields that could be edited with the number of the product, which then populated the price further along on the line, and the user was expected to enter the quantity.
      What I need to do is exactly the same, but with materials and components. I think the relationships are the same and I have been very careful in setting them up with a join table between materials and components. But even when I COPY the portal from the example file to my own file, something gets lost and the nice little fields that can be entered data into are not visible in Browse mode (even after I change the table references to the appropriate name).
      Would someone mind please having a look at the example portal on the Invoice layout of the attached file, and telling me what on earth I am doing wrong? I have been meticulous in checking that the settings are consistent, but I must have missed something. 
      (Ok, now this system won´t let me upload the fmp12 file, despite the fact that it is only 246KB in size.) I will post this message and then see if I can figure out what the problem is with the upload...
    • Need help with an if statement that is not working as I think it should!
      By s_te_ph
      I am sure my if statement should execute as 'true', but it is not.
      I am on a table called SALESINVOICES. I want to check how many SALESINVOICELINES (ie, the products attached to the invoice) qualify for a special.
      My 'If' statement is:
      $CorS = "C" and ( SalesInvoices_SALESINVOICELINES|CompanyID|fqualifiestoptenspecial::s unique no products count customer ID = SalesInvoices_PRODUCTS|toptenproducts::z_FoundCount )
      where SalesInvoices_SALESINVOICELINES|CompanyID|fqualifiestoptenspecial::s unique no products count customer ID is a summary field counting the total of lines that have flagged as qualifying for the special, and
      SalesInvoices_PRODUCTS|toptenproducts::z_FoundCount the found count of products that qualify for the special, and
      $CorS is a variable that shows whether a store is a customer or shipping store.
      Before this If statement runs, I put a Show Custom Dialog to check whether the fields are definitely giving me what I expect of them.
      The dialog box shows:
      $CorS & "      " & SalesInvoices_SALESINVOICELINES|CompanyID|fqualifiestoptenspecial::s unique no products count customer ID & "       " & Count ( SalesInvoices_PRODUCTS|toptenproducts::a_c1 ) &     "      " & SalesInvoices_PRODUCTS|toptenproducts::z_FoundCount
      and the output is:
      C   12    12    12
      So I believe the If statement on the following line should execute, as $CorS = "C", and the other two fields are identical.
      Is there some other problem - will it not work out the summary field correctly in the If statement?
      Any help would be appreciated, it is driving me crazy!
    • Portal TimeStamp Problem
      By mapsgal
      I set up a child table for "Notes" with Time stamps and used four different portals to bring them into the layout of my main table.
      For reasons that I cannot figure out the timestamp is not working correctly. I have tweaked the settings to no avail.
      After the first attempt, I decided that it must be related to the duplication of the time stamp for each notes field. So I set up independent time stamps for each field. I am starting to think that the problem may be that I can only have one time stamp per table.
      here is a screen shot of the layout.
      and screen shot of table view.
      Thanks for advice