Followers 0
DeeAge

MirrorSyncing Container Fields

3 posts in this topic

I am failing to sync container fields with MirrorSync

FileMaker Server 12.6

Mac Ox 10.9.1

Mirror Sync2_0082

There is no error message when MirrorSync2 finishing the sync process with an iPad. "Sync Complete"

Using the FileMaker Tasks sample, images entered on iPad do not show on networked file after syncing, same when images entered in the networked file do not who on the iPad.

Container fields show: <Missing: photo001.jpg size450.300>

FileName shows: remote: File Name

I have tried several configurations of the container field settings.

I tried (as per documentation) save a "self contained copy": even in this file are no images but <Missing: photo001.jpg size450.300>

Does anybody has an idea what would work?

Thanks

Detlef

Problem solved:

The problem was in the external data sources. Open that open (File -> Manage -> External Data Sources). Verify that the IP address and the filename point to the file on the server where the container data lives.

The source of the problem was changing the FMP file name.

Syncing containers works fine now. 

Glad to hear it - that was going to be my first suggestion to check.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By dsivaa
      Hello,
      I am getting an error while sync,
      "Last sync failed: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: Failure while recording changes from FileMaker Server 192.168.8.150/sync_Information: java.sql.SQLException: IO error: position 13016373"
      Is it possible to skip this one particular table in MirrorSync sync to test the other tables?
    • By Charles Delfs
      If I wanted to script a mobile device update process, is it possible to directly access the download link and not have to go through the intermediate trigger page?.
      I would like to grab a copy of the hosted file and insert it into a container.
      Currently hitting the download link returns the "Download file is ready and should automatically start downloading now." Then later a JS forced download. 
      C
    • By Charles Delfs
      My use case is such that mobile users need some records that have containers. The hub has containers stored externally. 
      Deploying to the mobile device breaks the container. Triggering the Server side record will 'refresh' the mobile container and display its contents (after a sync)
      Can I force a table (or found set) to sync from the server to the mobile device WITHOUT forcing those images to download to all the other mobile devices?.
      Each iPad will have its own set of records. What are some options here? Am I forced to tickle the containers server side forcing a download or any device that would normally download them?
      Is there a way to force a download of just this one table and not affect the others? or the modTimeStamp?

cheers
    • By calebruth
      I tried to install MirrorSync 3.17 today on a MacOS with 10.12.3 and FMS 15.0.3.308. The installer is hanging at about 80% progress at "Running package scripts..."
      Is there an installer log file that I can examine?
      In addition I noted in the docs the restriction against multiple users sharing the same file on the same device:
      http://docs.360works.com/index.php/MirrorSync_advanced_topics#Can_I_share_a_device_among_multiple_users.3F
      I am wondering about the details of this restriction and is it possible for multiple users to share the same db file on the same device if there is no record filtering or record-level access features enabled?
    • By 360Works
      We have recently released versions 3.14 - 3.16 of MirrorSync with improvements for recovery mode, high-volume syncs, and rebuilding sync data. Overall, the reliability of MirrorSync has greatly improved, and the speed of SQL and server-to-server syncs have increased significantly! 

Immediately after the release of 3.14 and 3.15, we were able to identify and fix a few quirks resulting in an even more reliable version with 3.16. 

In 3.16, we even added a few additional features including the ability to pre-populate databases for server-to-server syncs with non-FileMaker databases, faster initial syncs, and new support for re-importing a new configuration over an existing one, which is very useful in a vertical market solution deployment. 

This is a free update for current users. For those new to MirrorSync, the server license is free and ships with one free configuration of FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Go syncing with FileMaker Server and one free device allowance. All additional configurations and devices are available for purchase. 

MirrorSync can sync between any combination of FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, FileMaker Server, SQL database (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or any database that supports JDBC), Salesforce, and Amazon RedShift. To download the current version, please visit the MirrorSync product page

For a complete list of changes, please visit our MirrorSync changelog