•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

MySQL sync not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Harry  novice

Harry
  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • FM Application:13 Advance
  • Platform:Cross Platform
  • Skill Level:Intermediate
  • Time Online: 2d 1h 45m 6s

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

Hello Board!

I have an external MySQL db setup and working very well. All is OK, except, i'm trying to add another field into Filemaker.

I have used the Sync button before and the field just pops straight up, no problem.

Today, though, i've had a BLOB field added (so i can have a barcode.png file in that field and print it onto a Layout in FM that uses the external table).

It doesn't show. Is this because of the field type?

I've restarted FM but i can't restart the MySQL server.

Any ideas? I'm stumped, it doesn't seem to be very complicated, it never has been. There doesn't seem to be many options.

H

#2 Harry  novice

Harry
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

Just reading through a FM doc - 'External SQL Sources In Depth'. It says that BLOB fields are not supported!

D'oh!

Not sure how to approach this, then.

I have a Production Table (MySQL) with a Production number field, Quantity and Stock code fields.

I have a Layout for a Production Order that has other fields related to these three fields that are contained in FM tables.

I need a Barcode to print out of the Production Number field, so it can be scanned and auto-entered.

Do i need to copy the Production Table into an FM table? Can i do auto-import routines?

Thanks,

H

#3 Harry  novice

Harry
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Base64Decoding, might help me?

Anyone used this to build/retrieve .png files?

#4 Harry  novice

Harry
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

Can't get this function to work!

I have an encoded string inside a field and am using a Calculation field to display what should be a Barcode:

Base64Decode ( barcode_base64;"BARCODE.PNG" )

barcode_base64 is a text field with the encoded Base64 string in it and the "BARCODE.PNG" is a file name, although i really don't know what i should be putting in there. I've found a reference to having to have the file extension in, but that's it.

#5 Harry  novice

Harry
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Erm, Do i still need a container field to set the Base64Decoding output to?

Going round in circles here....

Can a calculation field display the result of the encoded field as a .png?

FMForum Advertisers