•  

UPGRADE DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014!
FileMaker Inc. has a deadline for users of version 10,11, 12 as Individual box or volume licenses (with expired maintenance).
If you don't renew your maintenance and upgrade to FMP 13 you will no longer be eligible to upgrade, at the discount pricing.

Volume Licensing upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13, FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced and FileMaker Server 13 will be discontinued.
Individual upgrade pricing for FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced will increase after September 26, 2014.
As of 27-September-2014, FileMaker 10 products will no longer be available for purchase or support.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13865

Photo

Where in my code,, to get Filesize(path)

filesize

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RodM  journeyman

RodM
  • Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationEugene OR
  • FM Application:12 Advance
  • Platform:Windows 7
  • Skill Level:Intermediate
  • Time Online: 3d 14h 21m 19s

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

It be nice... to know the zipFile()  size stored in a container field?

I tried a number of combinations , in my code already nothing returning any thing close

to the remote DL, and unzip.. then knowing the actual size of zipped file

1st, I Copy As,  my filemaker fmp12 file to a folder..  There I know the original filesize

Then I am zipFile, setting a Container field with the zip file.. viewing it on a layout, 

[[[   I want to preview the file on layout here first, know how big it is... ]]]

I can do both email attach and Ftp the file..

Ftp is fast..
I am not certain. email is a winner yet!

Then NEXT, a button

The container is the ftpeek ftp to a remote location server

$goPath       is the full path... ie..      c:\folder\folder\filemakerApp\filename.zip

Attached my code

Attached Thumbnails

• FileSize.JPG

RodM

#2 RodM  journeyman

RodM
  • Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationEugene OR
  • FM Application:12 Advance
  • Platform:Windows 7
  • Skill Level:Intermediate
  • Time Online: 3d 14h 21m 19s

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

no big thing unanswered, ..i guess i figure it later  .i am pretty stupid sometimes,, need a mentor to blast theses stupid questions often too,,  i am not the only stupid programmer here hacking to make something work or work around,  My hat is off to the  bright folks hanging out here,,

RodM

FMForum Advertisers