Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reed

pc
FMS 13 Slow External Auth?

2 posts in this topic

I recently installed FMS13, after uninstalling FMSA12 from my test server, and since doing that, I've noticed that there's a significantly longer delay that happens when authenticating with AD accounts than there used to be.  This happens whether using FMP clients or with Webdirect.  I see this ~5-10 second delay about 40-60% of the time when I connect to one of my databases employing AD authentication.  The same databases didn't have this when using FMSA12 on the test server, nor do they have this delay on our production FMSA12 server.  I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing this, and if there's a way around this prior to going live in production with FMS13.

Thanks,

Dana

I have heard no other reports about this.  A few things to check:

1.  Have you rebooted the database server after all of these changes?

2.  Is the database server still connected to the network exactly as it was before the change to Server 13?

3.  Are you noticing any other latency on the network when connecting to the Server 13 machine?

4.  Is the server clock showing the same time as the Active Directory domain controller's clock?

Steven

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Wayne Irvine
      I want to start at 1 for the next quarter, but it is currently 13 days before the end of this quarter. Logically I could start auto-enter serial at -13 and incrememtn by 1. So the first record would be -13, then -12 etc.
      Doesn't seem to like it. First record is -13, second is -14.
      Is this a bug, a feature, or known behaviour?
    • By Wayne Irvine
      I have a portal that shows records from another table. They are 'available' or not currently assigned records.
      The problem is that the list is too long. I would like to be able to filter the list by entering characters in a Filter field.
      The relationship currently looks like this:
      Available = yes
      I would like something like:
      Available = yes 
      and
      Filter (is a substring of) Productname
      I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that.

• By vincenzo
      Hello, I am using l am filemaker 15 pro advanced in windows 10 computer (64 bit, 8gb ram).  I buy it few week ago and i converted my database from the old version fm5. The database work properly but it is very slow to open, about 60 second or more. I am working as standalone (no remote connection). I noted thta if the PC is offline (no network or internet connection) the database open in less that 6 second. It is very strange because I have not any ip configuration and any sharing option... what can be the problem?
      Thank you in advance
      Vincenzo
    • By Wayne Irvine
      I have a look up table of products with parameters such as style, size, colour etc and of course price.
      In another table I have the items ordered which allows you to choose a style, size, and colour and looks up the price form the products table.
      I achieve this calculation using a field which contains a concatenated string like this 'style-size-colour' in both tables and a relationship based on this field. I use this relationship to return the price.
      It works the first time, but when I change one of the parameters the price is not immediately updated.
      How do I force a refresh?
    • By OPS
      I have a table called Employees. These are either Current, Freelance, or No Longer Employed.
      I want a list available to select current employees. I have a filed called Currentcalc which is a 1 if the employee status is current. All I want to do is to go to an unrelated table and be able to select current employees from a lost. I simply cannot get my head around how to filter lists. I have tried every possible combination of settings and cannot understand the logic of filtered lists.
      This should be so simple but I have now wasted an entire day to it. I cannot find a simple explanation on how this works, anywhere. Can anyone explain to me how drop down lists, based upon a calculation filed work?