Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reed

pc FMS 13 Slow External Auth?

2 posts in this topic

I recently installed FMS13, after uninstalling FMSA12 from my test server, and since doing that, I've noticed that there's a significantly longer delay that happens when authenticating with AD accounts than there used to be.  This happens whether using FMP clients or with Webdirect.  I see this ~5-10 second delay about 40-60% of the time when I connect to one of my databases employing AD authentication.  The same databases didn't have this when using FMSA12 on the test server, nor do they have this delay on our production FMSA12 server.  I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing this, and if there's a way around this prior to going live in production with FMS13.

Thanks,

Dana

I have heard no other reports about this.  A few things to check:

1.  Have you rebooted the database server after all of these changes?

2.  Is the database server still connected to the network exactly as it was before the change to Server 13?

3.  Are you noticing any other latency on the network when connecting to the Server 13 machine?

4.  Is the server clock showing the same time as the Active Directory domain controller's clock?

Steven

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Front End Folders
      By mmarino
      I want to be able to set folders on FileMaker server that will appear visually when the user goes to select a solution to view on WebDirect and Go. Is this possible? That way we can group files together and have a folder for solutions we're still testing.
    • Accessing my solution remotely
      By H
      HI
      Please can someone helpme out with this.
      I purchased the filemaker server to host my solution so i can access it remotely.
      however , how many ways i tried this i can`t seem to access the file .
      i put in the IP address of the machine where my server is hosted but unofrtanetly it can`t seem to connect.

• Users connect after database set to close?
      By typewriter
      A customer experiences problems while shutting down a database: after he closes the database using the console, some users are still able to connect. Existing users get the message asking them to close the file(s) they are working on, but some users keep on reconnecting, with success.
      The files show the status 'closing' in the console.
      Could this be a communication problem between the console and the server? Or are there other possible causes?
      It's regular FMPA clients (13 and 14), no WebDirect. Some (but not all) are Robot PC's, performing a timed 'watchdog' process.
      FMS13 on WindowsServer 2008R2.
      HEH

• FM Pro 12 Client To FM 14 Server - How?
      By GisMo
      It seems that filemaker pro 12 v4 client cannot connect to FM Server 14. Is there any any documentation about this or a way around making the connection possible?
      Article here says it's possible: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15003/~/filemaker-server-14-host-and-client-compatibility-chart
    • FMS web server not enabled
      By Rick Whitelaw
      Hi,
      While trying to track down a reason for not having access to the Admin Console from a remote machine (can access it locally) I discovered that web server was not enabled. I can't find a way to enable it. On the status page there is no indication. I only discovered this by editing the deployment. Nor can I find a fsadmin command to start the web server. Does anyone have a clue how to proceed with starting the web server?
      thanks, Rick.