Maker of Files

Background color changes color in preview mode

5 posts in this topic

I don't even know where to begin.

I have a db...In every layout for every table—in spite of the fact that their parts all have a white fill—the background turns red in preview mode. I'm using 12, so if I change the theme, this doesn't happen, but if I change the theme back to classic, I get the red background again. I put white rectangles covering the layout parts and that helps; except at the part boundaries, you can still see red and there's nothing you can do about it.

Any ideas where to being troubleshooting? I found out that if I remove the white background fill, the default color is red...in classic...So what that seems to mean, then, is that in preview mode, my white background is being stripped away. The clumsy solution was to select a new theme, turn everything white, remove the alternating body fill, and copy the layout objects onto this new layout. But I want this red background thing to make sense to me!

So thanks for any ideas at all.

post-106170-0-15843700-1394051002_thumb.

post-106170-0-06319000-1394051006_thumb.

post-106170-0-16405600-1394051009_thumb.

post-106170-0-92920400-1394051158_thumb.

Hi Maker, and welcome to the Forum.

I  moved your question from "Layouts" to "Custom Themes in FM12 because, we created this especially for the layout tools new with the release of v12.

Are you using the latest update of v12, if not update and let us know if that fixe the problem.

p.s.

Update your Profile to reflect your current information as v12 etc. Here is a quick link for you. MY PROFILE.

Hi Maker

Just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this, because i have exactly the same problem, (though in my case the colour is blue, not red) and I can't get to the bottom of it. 

Any help or advise would be great,

Milt

Anybody find a fix for this problem? We have the exact same issue (FMP 12.0v5) with the background turning red in Preview mode in a database which suddenly started exhibiting the issue after months of trouble-free operation.

Thanks,

Colin

Posted (edited)

I believe the problem lies with new features in Filemaker 13.

We had that problem recently as one of us tested FMA 13 while most of our users are still using FM 12 client. In FM 13, layouts do have a general background color (Inspector -> Appearance) which does not exist in FM 12.

It seems that when you edit a layout in FM 13, you might accidentally set this background color which then takes precedence over the elements' background colors you can manage in FM12.

So, the solution is to open the layout in FM13 and set or remove this layout background color.

You can see that "Layout background" feature on the right side of the image below. (source : http://www.technologytell.com/apple/131237/filemaker-pro-13-for-os-x-review/ )

fmpro13-inspector-appearance-364x1024.pn

Edited by NLMR
Added the source website for the picture