Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Will FMP 10 run on Windows 8.1?

2 posts in this topic

I know FIlemaker says it does not support FM10 on a new Windows 8.1 computer, but I wonder if anyone has had success doing that?

I will have to dump my WinXP computer soon and hope I will not have to buy all new software for it.

Last week a fellow posted a comment here stating that FM v5.5 will run on Windows 8, so I guess that FM10 should be OK too. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Trio URL Plugin not recognized.
      By Jim Gill
      We have a WebDirect solution where customers can log in to a personal account and make payments via credit card.   This  solution was developed as an IWP solution in FMP 12 running on Filemaker Server 12 Advanced using the Troi URL plugin to connect to the Nelix Transax gateway.  Worked flawlessly.
      We have recently upgraded to Filemaker Server Advanced 13.05 and have hit a wall with the Trio URL plugin.  The plugin fires fine on the server-side using FMP.  However when run through WebDirect - nothing happens.   
      I have installed the plugin exactly how the Troi website describes:
      I uninstalled and reinstalled Filemaker Web Publishing Engine.  
      Looking at the Trio log files (attached) it is obvious that the Fiilemaker Web Publishing engine is not recognizing the plugin.   
      We are running Filemaker Server on a Windows 2008 R2 64bit machine.  And we have installed the correct *.fmx64 files in the appropriate folders.
      Any advice?
      Thank you for your help!
      Jim Gill
      Troi Plugin Web Engine.pdf
      Troi Plugin FMServer.pdf
    • SMTP error when running script from server
      By Bigun
      The environment is Windows Server 2012, with FileMaker Server 13 v1x64.
      I've got a script that sends out an e-mail to multiple recipients.  When I run the script through FileMaker Pro 13, it sends the e-mails with no issues.  However, when I schedule the script to run, it fails.  I had the schedule send me an e-mail after the task was done and got this:
      Looks like 1506 is an SMTP error, but I have no idea why it's failing when it's ran from the server but not from my local desktop.  Any help is appreciated.
    • Document Stores - Need advice
      By aholtzapfel
      I'm upgrading a solution from FM 8.5 to FM 14 and moving the server from our LAN to a Hosting Company (we will have a stand alone server). 
      One of my tables has a folder associated with it to hold documents. (See Attached File, uses a webviewer to display the documents folder and send event to create it.)
      This has worked well for me for years and will continue to work IF I want to leave these files on our LAN. (Why I posted example file, someone may find it useful.)  I do not really want to leave these on the LAN. I want to move these "into the cloud" and need advice for the best way to do this.  I have considered using container fields for these documents (and maybe I will) although it seems to be overkill for what I really need. I have also considered using php and a webviewer to create/display/upload documents to these folders.
      Is there another solution I should look at?  Should I avoid containers? (Have found them buggy, unreliable, and hard to maintain in the past but have not revisited them in a few years) 
      Thank you in advance for any thoughts on this matter,
    • Add New Record on Popover
      By garrysy
      How to create new record from the popover button?
      I have customer layout which has City field with drop down selection, I want to create a popover button beside so that user can instantly add city incase the city is not listed on the dropdown list.
      It has table relationship as well. One to many relationship with One for City Table ( CityID - Primary Key) and Many for Customer Table ( CityID - foreign key).
      Please advice,
      Thank you.
    • Invoices - insert a line item
      By dzee
      I have been using FM starting Point and Filemaker for sometime although I would characterize myself as still a beginner. I have been searching for a long time for a way to insert a line into the middle of an invoice table. I wish to use the line as a seperator for groups of items invoiced to one customer. I would prefer to do this rather than make one invoice for each group. This is easy to do as I make up an invoice but I can find no way to insert a line after the fact. Yes, I could export the invoice to a .pdf or Microsoft Word and edit it there but so much easier if I could to this within Filemaker. Is it possible to do this in the data entry layout?