Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michele

Script on button in portal row doesn't show in DDR

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just discovered something scary.  I wanted to check if a specific script was used on a layout as I wasn't sure anymore.  So I created a DDR.

When checking the script in the DDR the 'Layouts that use this script' and 'Scripts that use this script' parts were empty.

Still I felt a bit unsure about deleting my script, so I searched for it manually on my layout and...I found it.

I used it in a portal on a button (=text).

Is this a known bug of the DDR or did I miss something?

curious did you give the button object a name? - wonder if doing so would force it to be included in the DDR?

Your description is unclear. Can you provide an example or provide a more detailed description? What is "button (=text)" ?

Was this an HTML DDR or an XML DDR?

The HTML DDR is a translation of the XML one so it could have been missed in the translation.

When checking the script in the DDR the 'Layouts that use this script' and 'Scripts that use this script' parts were empty.

Is this a known bug of the DDR or did I miss something?

Hard to tell without being able to reproduce your issue.  Which I cannot do:

post-72594-0-31594300-1405914810_thumb.p

I need to apologize.  The DDR consisted of different parent folders and I appear to have a script with the same name in another parent folder.

@Comment it's your picture that made me go back to the DDR to take screen shots and realise there was something different going on. 

I should have tried to reproduce the error myself but I was 'stuck' staring at the script name.

Thank you all for your replies.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By docasar
      Hello,
      It always go to "Default segment button bar", set on the button bar setting, when reenter to layout.  I need to go to same segment when user was working on before he left the layout.
      I know how to get back to last tab panel used, and I wonder if there would be similar for this.
      Thanks a lot!
      Luis.
    • By docasar
      Hello,
      I have a tab control panel with four tabs, and I would like to achieve that when I change tabs a script is triggered and would set the value of a global field called "zzz_g_collection_type" according to the tab name which is active.
      I need this field to dynamically filter the products that are shown on 1_row portals that I have put into each tab panel space.
      I have followed Elishree Dey tip on http://burnignorance.com/filemaker-pro-tips/trigger-a-script-when-user-changes-the-tabs-in-filemaker/ but I cant make it work, it only changes the value of "collection_type" field once and only to show that the first condition is not met.
      I have attached the picture of my script.
      My initial idea was to place on each tab space a picture-field of a product as a 1 row portal and then duplicate as much as products I have so when I click on the picture a script is triggered and the product is added to the invoice.
      Morever, I have set an Object name to each tab Control so it would work, and also the desired value for zzz_g_collection_type comes from another related table with only one record that I use as preferences, this is on Preferences Table I have three fields called "Product_Type_Short_#" and those match on Elishree Day script tutorial.
      Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

• By Guy_Smith
      Is it always safe to delete a script when the DDR lists no Layouts that use the script and no other Scripts that call the script?
      I'm trying to clean up my file without shooting myself in the foot:  I can't think of why I would ever need such a script, but don't want to find out the hard way that I could still need them.
      Thanks in advance,
      Guy

• By Guy_Smith
      YIKES!  I tried to generate a DDR for my solution and got the following error:  
      SAXParseException:  Invalid character 0x12 in attribute value 'PlatformType' (Occurred in entity C:/Users\guys\AppData\Local\Temp\FMTEMPFM5128_4.tmp', at lime 24503, column 981.)  I have attached a screenshot for clarity.  The PlatformType bit is interesting as I work on the file at my office on a PC (Windows 10) and at home on a Mac (OS X Sierra).
      I clicked the OK Button three times and a DDR popped up, but only contained the Report Overview Page:  The correct amounts of Tables, Relationships, etc. showed up, but none of the links work:  It's an empty DDR.

After shutting down FMP, reopening the file and trying again, I received the same error except the "FMTEMPFM5128_4.tmp" changed slightly to "FMTEMPFM5128_6.tmp".  (the 6 replaced the 4)
      I am, as usual, clueless - any ideas out there?

Thanks,
      Guy
      SAX Parse Exception 092916.pdf
    • By m_fitzgerald
      I've used the PHP simpleXML library as the basis of a simple tool for querying the XML DDR produced by FMPA . It's fairly functional and it has the benefit of being fast. Unlike other tools it doesn't require pre-processing of the XML prior to use.
      I've decided to publish it under the GNU AFFERO licence.
      If you're comfortable running a PHP script under localhost you can install it on your machine and make use of it. It's available from http://www.notyourhomework.net