Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

mac | pc
FileMake Import Records XML

2 posts in this topic

Script step fine from FileMaker Pro Advanced
Script step runs occationally as FileMaker Server Schedule, alternatively this script step gives error 717 - There is not enough XML/XSL information to proceed with the import or export.
Anyone knows why this happens?
The script itself is 3 lines
Go to layout['import']
Show All Records
Import Records

Appears the trick is to check the box for: Perform Auto-enter

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Lewis2412
      I have two filemaker servers. One is version 7 and the other is version 11 advanced. I transferred the files from FM7 server to FM11 with no problem. Long story short, everything was great until I realized that the users were still using the FM7 files. To fix the problem, I shut down the filemaker service on both servers, then made a backup of each server by copying the files to another folder. Then I removed the FM11 files that were never used and copy and pasted the .fp7 files from the FM7 server to the FM11 server. I started the filemaker service on FM11, opened the files using the FM11 console. Now when I try to open the files on a workstation, the files do not show up in the Remote list. The server console shows that they are open. How can I correct this?
    • By carlosnorvik
      I want to share a good cloud backup alternative, Hubic, it gives 25 GB free, and you can schedule backup to happen "x" hours or minutes after a file has changed. 
      So just add a backup schedule to the "Hubic"folder of your PC or MAC where you have your server and instruct Hubic to sync 1 hour after, that way you make sure the upload will happen after your backup has completed.
      Neat and free.
      I was using Onedrive, but with the recent decrease in free capacity I looked for alternatives, I specially like the delay before upload.
    • By Andrew Nicolay
      I'm helping a client who has an old install of Filemaker Server Advanced 11 running on a Mac Mini.
      It's been running Filemaker v11.5 for about 2 year without any issue... All of a sudden today, it stopped working!
      I checked to see if there were any updates installed from apple or java... NONE!
      I completely uninstalled Filemaker Server and reinstalled v11.5 and applied the java fix... still won't start.
      Just for laughs I installed v11.2, that installed fine, up and running no problem, as soon as I restart the Mac Mini, everything takes a dump.  When I go to localhost:16000 or serverip:16000 in the browser, nothing happens, as if filemaker server was never even installed.  If I double click the applet icon, it says "Unable to launch the application - Connection Refused".
      Any thoughts?
      I have added an internal SSD to my FMP server machine and have moved the databases to a folder on this drive. I specified this folder in the Additional Database folder path (and checked the box for use additional database folder). I am able to host the databases this way. However when the server is rebooted, they do not start up automatically as they did when they were in the default location.
      I cannot find anything to tell me how to control which databases are launched on startup. Is there a way to make my new folder the default folder?
    • By soulicious
      I have recently had to re-install our FM Server and for some reason, the cache flush distribution interval is set to 03:01 (3 hours and 1 minute) and it won't change.  I don't understand why it is doing this.  I have tried adjusting it, saving it, and restarting the server, but it just stays at 03:01.  Has anyone else had this problem?  After a few initial searches, I have not seen this come up anywhere else.  Any clues on how to fix this?
      Thanks in advance!