2 posts in this topic
I try to put in a container an audio file with the text pronounced by FM from a text field.
As I didn't see how to do it from FM, I tried to build my first Perform AppleScript  using the terminal command "Say"
On the terminal : (say "hello") works fine.
and (say "hello" -o filename.aiff) => creates a file with the sound "hello".
From filemaker, Perform AppleScript ["say \"hello\”"] : make the Mac pronounce correctly.
But I can't run : Perform AppleScript ["say \"hello\” -o filename.aiff"]
I have a error message "Identificator can't be after identificator".
I couldn't find anyway out.
Does any of you have an idea ?
By Ryan Gardner
Hi... this may be in the wrong category, and I apologise in advance...
Basically, I have been using the Invoice starter solution for around a year to generate and record invoices for my work...
I have customised this a fair amount, and pretty much got it working as I would like. Having said this though, I have never changed the Invoice ID function. At the moment my invoices are automatically generating ID's as single numbers.
Instead of my invoice ID's just being a single number, I have decided to add a prefix to this.
I've done this successfully, and when I now create a new invoice, the id generated looks something like: RGINV0027
What I can't figure out though, is how do I change the invoice ID's of the 20+ invoices that I have already generated in the software? Cant figure out how to do this.
I want all of my previous invoices to follow this format of id (RGINV0000)
I recently imported records from an excel sheet into my filemaker solution. I just noticed that the dates in the excel sheet were entered in this format 1996-04-19
and as a result, all my date calculations are not working. For example, the Age and other functions. Manually changing the date to 4-19-1996 resolves it.
Is there a way i can do this without manually going to each record? because there are a lot of records to deal with..
Thanks for your anticipated response
We have been having an occasional issue where records just disappear. It's been going on for almost a year now and we simply can't see what might be causing it. It is not common and seems to happen at random. Once every 2 weeks or so.
Our database has 33 tables. The disappearing records all come from the same table. It is hosted on a cloud based server with 17 clients in 2 cities (same time zone) accessing it.
Steps we have taken so far are:
• Disabled "delete record" from the Menu Set
• Implemented a dedicated "delete record" script that notifies the administrator when it is run so that the administrator can confirm with the user that the deletion was intentional.
• Checked that records can not be deleted via a relationship
• Tracked the timing of discovery that records have disappeared. This is difficult because it may be weeks or months before someone needs to refer to it, so doesn't really tell us when the record disappeared.
When the record is deleted it appears that related records are NOT deleted.