• Members
  • 13 posts
  • FM Application:13
  • Platform:Mac OS X Mavericks
  • Skill Level:Novice
  • Time Online: 10h 16m 17s

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Hi

How can I get FM Pro Go to auto export a container field's image to the base computer running Filemaker 13.

Text fields sync automatically. Container fields seem to require some extra steps.

In Filemaker Go, the client takes a picture by tapping the container field, the 'insert from device' launches the camera app. How can I get the image automatically save/exported? Currently, I have to re-tap the field to save/export the image so Filemaker 13 gets in sync with Filemaker Go.

I tried 'Export Field Contents'. This script step seems to automatically launch the export screen. If the client take a picture in the camera app (insert from device), and he/she want to use the image, seems that filemaker should just export the image with the extra step, no? Everything stays in sync with a minimum of client steps

What script step do I need?

Many thanks :)

Graham

#2 skywillmott  member

skywillmott
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • FM Application:13 Advance
  • Skill Level:Intermediate
  • Membership:TechNet
  • Time Online: 2d 7h 45m 3s

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

It sounds like you could just use the following script to grab from camera:

Insert from Device [ MyTable::MyPic; Type: Camera; Camera: Back; Resolution: Full ]
Commit Records/Requests [ Skip data entry validation; No dialog ]

The script could be attached to a button on the layout, or to the container field itself so that when it is tapped it runs….

The commit records step will save it and it will be visible on the server copy…. I'm assuming you are using a live connection to the server from FileMaker Go….

Hope this helps...

#3 grahama1970  member

grahama1970
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • FM Application:13
  • Skill Level:Novice
  • Time Online: 10h 16m 17s

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Many Thanks :) did the trick. Graham

FMForum Advertisers