Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Terminal Services/Citrix and FileMaker Pro 7

Keith LaMarre

This topic is 7153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am currently using FileMaker Pro 6 "Unlimited" on a Citrix Server (as clients to a separate FM 5.5 Server) and am looking at FM 7. Does anyone know how FileMaker allows the Citrix Server to use the single license (I am assuming that I have to purchase a volume license but don't know how the installation will allow me to have multiple users to access the Server from Citrix at the same time). Or, does the "volume" license take care of that by itself.

Thats new with Server 7 I assume. With 5.5 (and previous versions), there was never any licensing on the server for users. Are you saying that I will install a site license for X amount of users on the Server? I see an area on the Server for installing "License Key" but I assumed that this was for the "Advanced" Server. I don't see anything here about the number of users for the license.

Also, with the older license, you bought a license for "50" but were able to use "10% more" - does the server actually track the number of users on the license.

Also, not to be a pain but when I install the normal client, the software prompts me for a license key, will it ask for a license key when I install the site License version?

The volume license key goes on the computer with FileMaker Server--where you see the area for installing the License Key; the program will prompt for it, like the client. I don't know anything about "10% more." You will still have to put FileMaker Pro on the Citrix Server so the Windows Clients can access FileMaker Server.

Here's what FileMaker is telling me.

To run a Multi-user version of FileMaker on a Citrix Server (so that multiple users connected to the Citrix Server can have access to the FileMaker Server at one time) you need a multi-user license code version of FileMaker. I hope that this is correct as I have now purchased this from them. (I'll get it next week).

As far as I can see, the only thing that you specify on the FM Server is the FM Server serial number. You also specify the number of concurrent users, dbs, etc but these don't require any extra code. Am I missing something here?

This topic is 7153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.