Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows Server 2003

Lucky

This topic is 7099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've just installed Windows Server 2003 ( 5 user ) on a PC at work and have set up Terminal Services to enable 5 people to connect remotely. I just have a couple questions:

1. I'm using 10 VLA licenses pack in FM6 so do I need to do anything with Windows Server 2003 licences?

2. If I am connecting from home with RDC can I print to my home printer instead of the printer at work?

I have 5 users at the Main office connecting to a FM Server 5.5 all using OSX and the remote users are also all OSX.

Any ideas.

1. You have 5 CAL's for Terminal Server so if you want to have 10 connections, you will need to buy another 5 CAL's. Make sure they're Terminal Server licenses, not just network licenses.

2. Yes, you can print from your home printer--that's one of the neat things about RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol).

Thanks for the quick reply,

In the Terminal Services manager I get a message about 120 days to register from a Terminal Services Server. Is this something I have to set up my network if so how do I go about it? When I bought Windows Server 2003 it was just a 5 user.

In RDP I only see the printer my Terminal Services is connected to and not my home printer.

1. You have to go to activate.microsoft.com to get a Terminal Server ID; it's free. NOTE: FileMaker Server must be set up on a separate computer from Terminal Server.

2. You have to have Terminal Server add your printer to Active Directory.

This topic is 7099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.