Jeff Gagne's 'Contacts'

DG2005

This topic is 3571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am still using Jeff's 'Contact' application. Does anyone know what this program morphed into, if any?

Ping...Jeff Gagne

or anyone else.

If this app is dead, can anyone point me to a simple app that will allow me to print envelopes, labels, etc. in the same, or better, manner that 'Contacts' did? I've looked at a few, but no cigar in my opinion.

Thanks!

• 3 years later...
  • Newbies

: Sorry I didn't see this a long time ago! Nice to hear Contacts has done well for you all these years! I never took CONTACTS to the newer file formats or made it relational beyond some development versions. There are a number of templates that do this now and if you haven't already found one let me know. FileMaker's built in templates I believe have everything you need as well. That said I just converted CONTACTS to 10 and it seems to work fine though looks VERY VERY dated now.

All the best!

• Like 1

Hi Jeff, and Welcome to the Forum.

I remember your file. It was done in v3 and had a couple of portals. I downloaded it from fmfiles(.com) about 1994 or so.

Too bad fmfiles went away, it was a great resource to the FileMaker Community. Hundreds of example files to demonstrate just about everything a newbie could want to see back then.

Again, welcome to the Forum.

Lee

• 4 years later...
  • Newbies

Nice to hear Contacts has done well for you all these years!

You provided a very strong base for me to add to, which gave me a very useful db solution. I just ressurected mine after being dormant for 10 years after a spinal chord injury ... and YEAH! It does look pretty antiquated by now. We'll see how long I can stand it.

zero_

This topic is 3571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.