Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Getting error 507 when editing record through cwp

Will T.

This topic is 3634 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Have a very strange issue, we're building an application for browsing some of our FileMaker data in an external app, reading has worked fine but now that I am writing back changes, I've hit a bit of a wall.

Basic queries with "-edit" and a valid recid are succeeding, as long as no values are changed (i.e., if I edit and save without changes it works fine), but if any field is specified with a new value, I get back error 507. This is supposed to be a calculation/validation error, but we have both checked independently (myself and another developer at my company) and there is not validation on any of the fields we are trying to edit.

An example of the url syntax I am generating (dummy values for obvious reasons)

This one will work pefectly fine:

http://fm.myserver.com/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=mydb.fp7&-lay=my_layout&-recid=1&-edit

this one would work, if fieldA in the specified record is already set to 1

http://fm.myserver.com/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=mydb.fp7&-lay=my_layout&-recid=1&fieldA=1&-edit

And if fieldA is 1 as before, this will fail with error 507:

http://fm.myserver.com/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=mydb.fp7&-lay=my_layout&-recid=1&fieldA=2&-edit

Any ideas on what might be causing this, or how to resolve it? The user account we're testing with has full read/write/create/delete access to all tables (we triple-checked), and as I said, there is no validation or calculations on any of the fields we are trying to write.

Thanks in advance for any insights...

• Newbies

ok, approached it fresh today and realised there was one field with validation after all which we somehow missed... :

Sorry for the useless thread, but I'm sure you all know how it can be sometimes at the end of a long day. Thanks to those who read the post, even if you didn't have an answer for me.

• 5 years later...

Are you absolutely certain of that?

Because 507 is "Value in field failed calculation test of validation entry option" - and it will only occur for fields that have a calc to validate them

Anyway, you can find out which field by removing half the fields from the layout, and re-testing. If the error occurs, it's in the fields still on the layout. If not, it's in the fields you removed.

Repeat a few times on the relevant half each time, and you should narrow it down fairly quickly.

I use Layout Mode, then Cut the fields - Browse mode, test, layout mode, Paste those fields back if required...

This topic is 3634 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.