FMS8 console will not show databases in specified data folder

This topic is 4630 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have searched myself blue in the face looking for a post about this but unable to find anything. Can some point me to a previous post or if you know how i can solve this problem.

I have FMS 8 running on an xp machine service pack 3. I have one folder ( HRS) that contains filemaker files and is shown in FMS 8 console fine. I have closed the files in console and duplicated the folder and renamed it ( newFiles) and placed some new files in this folder. I have gone to console and refreshed but this new folder does not show. I have restarted the machine and this also does not show the new folder in the console. I have checked the security on the folders and they are exactly the same as the the folder that is working.

What more can i do?

The database files hosted by FMS must have unique names. When hosting the files, FMS ignores the enclosing folders.

Use the developer tools to add a prefix on a copy of the files to create a second, differently named set.

OK. Check the file permissions.

Check the FMS configuration for the number of files it can open. The max is 125, my bet it is set to something much lower.

This topic is 4630 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.