FM Pro 11 over a network on Windows 7

Bikeman17

This topic is 3575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just installed FM Pro 11 on two Windows 7 (home edition) machine and I cannot see my main file on the server. I set up the Windows Firewall properly to enable FM Pro 11. Settings are ok with my main file. On the client machine, I can see the server but when I click on it, no name appears on the right-hand window. Do I need to upgrade to Windows Server?

Any tips is welcome

One thing that tripped me up when moving to Windows 7 from XP was that the default workgroup name had changed. However, I don't think this should cause a problem with seeing FM Server.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Newbies

Ok I don't want to hijack this thread but I'll attach what I'm getting on Windows 8.

FM11 installs and runs but whenever I try to connect to our server it says "no files"

I know this works on other clients (mac and older windows) but not on Win8.

Firewall is turned off, and if I try a direct path I get a "file not found".

The software found the server on it's own but it won't see the files on the server.

XUoTo.png

I have a user with a PC that has a dead battery. When the power goes out the time reverts back to ~2004 and Filemaker won't display the available files. Is the computer's time close to being accurate?

• 1 year later...

CalSun,

Have you ever resolved the issue below? 

Ok I don't want to hijack this thread but I'll attach what I'm getting on Windows 8.

FM11 installs and runs but whenever I try to connect to our server it says "no files"

I know this works on other clients (mac and older windows) but not on Win8.

Firewall is turned off, and if I try a direct path I get a "file not found".

The software found the server on it's own but it won't see the files on the server.

XUoTo.png

For the benefit of other users, I noticed that the file "server.pem" was not installed in the FM11 client program folders. So I copied it from another computer which was able to connect and the server files were visible.

• 7 months later...

Calsun

Resolved the issue using a small file called server.pem which was not installing on windows 8. simply find it on a windows 7 installation and copy it to the same location on your win 8 machine.

Hope that helps.

This topic is 3575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.