ODBC Drivers Won't Initialize to create a DSN

This topic is 8508 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am unable to create ODBC DSN entry for a FM database. The FM drivers appear in the list; however, I am unable to create a System DSN or User DSN. I am able to create a File DSN; however, this setup is much slower than User DSN and even slower than System DSN.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before? I get the following message, "The Setup routines for FileMaker Pro ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126."

Then the next error displays, "Could not load the setup or translator library."

Can anyone help me out?

------------------

Thanks,

Kevin

Yahoo! Messenger: prof_bunsen

quote:

Originally posted by kwebb:

I am unable to create ODBC DSN entry for a FM database. The FM drivers appear in the list; however, I am unable to create a System DSN or User DSN. I am able to create a File DSN; however, this setup is much slower than User DSN and even slower than System DSN.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before? I get the following message, "The Setup routines for FileMaker Pro ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126."

Then the next error displays, "Could not load the setup or translator library."

I have successfully done what you are trying. I might suggest simply reinstalling both the Filemaker ODBC and the OS (you did not specify if you are on Windows or Mac) ODBC drivers. Some kind of file/translator is obviously corrupted or missing.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The ODBC Drivers for Windows NT cannot be the problem because they are working for other ODBC DSNs.

I uninstalled FM, rebooted, and reinstalled FM. No effect.

Has anyone else had problems with FM ODBC drivers? If so, what was the problem and how did you correct it?

------------------

Thanks,

Kevin

I found out that FileMake Pro must be installed using the Typical option. Even the custom option will not properly include the ODBC drivers.

Now that the drivers are in properly, I am having problems with having ODBC connections via ASP pages. If I connect through Access, the Query works; however, the Table link does not. The FM DB is open in FM Unlimited. I am using the userid (group) and password that is setup through the Access Privledges and the SQL Statement created by Access; however no luck.

Can anyone provide ASP code that shows an example of connecting via ASP?

Here is mine:

dim cn, rs, stsql

set cn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

on error resume next

cn.Open "DSN=FiltranApplicationGuide;UID=groupName;PWD=grouppwd;"

if Err.number <> 0 then

• Newbies

When you re-install FMP, select typical, I have had the same problem b4 and if you look closely (during the install process), you will notice that any other install selection doesn't install ODBC in the system folder. I know it sounds crazy, but it has worked for me smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback.

I finally figured that our earlier. That is such a stupid requirement. They even state that Custom is for experienced users, yet if you want the ODBC drivers, you have to install everything.

If you have any problems with ODBC check out my other post: http://www.fmforums.com/ubb/Forum29/HTML/000030.html

------------------

Thanks,

Kevin

This topic is 8508 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.