URL remote versus URL within local network

This topic is 3520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I don't see anything in the documents about changing the URL when attempting to display an image file. I have a URL that works fine remotely..

http://remote:[email protected]:8020/SuperContainer/SingleFile/All Scans/1234-Registration.jpg?style=image_only+readonly

but when the web viewer is viewed within the network I receive a message like

"Unable to load preview for this item: No such folder path on SuperContainer......"

I have tried to change the base url to the local IP and also change the web viewer URL to include the local IP but no combination works.

A second effect of attempting to view the web viewer locally is an entery on the server that says..

"More than one non-directory file found in C:\Users\MyServer\Desktop\My Database\ directory. Using first one.."

Neither of these things happen when viewing remotely.

The server is mounted for all computers in the network and has full permissions for users. Cannot view using a browser. Same message about path when web viewer is clicked. Not found error when URL is directly entered into browser. Curious why the server is generating the "More than one non-directory" message from internal. It shows a request was made but something is wrong in the path or how the java server receives the request? I see no possible help in the help file unless I am overlooking something??

Cannot view using a browser.

This is a problem. Try appending the "noapplet" style to the URL to see if the file displays.

Same message about path when web viewer is clicked. Not found error when URL is directly entered into browser. Curious why the server is generating the "More than one non-directory" message from internal. It shows a request was made but something is wrong in the path or how the java server receives the request?

If the previously mentioned suggestion concerning "noapplet" works (and you're "problem machines" are Windows) , then this may be related to a issue we noticed when running SuperContainer Server on a Windows Server 03/2008 R2, which fails to render previews in our later releases of SuperContainer. We are still working to resolve this Windows Server 03/2008 R2.

Regards,

The "server" is just a PC running windows 7 Professional and running Filemaker Server 11. There are 9 pc's attached to the network. All of them are running windows 7 professional"

As noted the "noapplet" style fixes the ability to view the images in a filemaker web viewer, but click on an image only opens the default browser with a blank address field.

This is true of all 9 pc's

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am not much of a techie, but this is a challenge I have been trying to overcome for some time as well. I have a fixed IP so that remote users need only use my WAN (E.g. 88.43.23.345) when connecting which I have port-forwarded. However, within my network, this IP gives me the 'Unable to display webpage' message so I have to use the local machine IP (E.g. 192.164.2.34). I basically have a duplicate layout with the each of the exteranla and Local IP's -which is a pain.

I tried to come up with a calculation such as using Get(ApplicationVersion), but the truth is I often lgin from a webpage to test the layouts as well, so this is not ideal.

Question: Is there a calcualtion that returns a result if you are connecting remotely from outside the WAN or locally? I would then go ahead and create a calculation within the supercontainer to display the appropriate WAN or LAN IP.

Thanks so much.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In our case we had to have two routers. One from the ISP whey they do not provide with WIFI ability.  I had to creae an IF..THEN statement that determined if the user was on the local network (192.168,1.x) or remote which was a 10.10.x.x address.  Once that was done it worked.

This topic is 3520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.