Email Scheduler

Papabjoe

This topic is 4136 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

Its been a while since I've been to the forums.  I'm wondering if anyone has or knows of an email scheduler.  I've got an email list that I need to scrub/reinvite recipients to optin.  Here are the features I'm looking for....

• I want to import my list
  • write an email with an opt-in form
  • schedule to send emails via local client
  • limit emails to to the limitations of my mail provider (google - which I believe is no more than 150 emails per hour)
  • Limit sending to a particular time of day (off hours at night).

The list I have is big enough that I don't want to do this manually, and too big to send via mail chimp or another service provider.  I figure if I can automate this process, and still stay within google's mailing guidlines that will do just fine.

I'm in fm 9 for mac.

Any suggestions?

Too big to send with MailChimp? I find that hard to believe...they have tiered service levels up to 3 million addresses.

You really really should use a service. You run the real risk of being reported for violating the CAN-SPAM Act. And you can't send HTML-formatted e-mail through FileMaker so your send will l be plain-text only, not a good way to get sign ups.

MailChimp's templates are nice, they conform to the law, you can schedule sends, and track your bounces and opens. Nothing in FileMaker is going to beat that.

Use a mailing service, the world will be a better place for it :yep:

• Like 1

I don't think you understand the problem.  The list is older than what most mailing services will allow.  In fact mailchimp, infusionsoft, and constant contact have all given the same advice.  Send an email to each individual asking them to opt-in again.  The list is 36,000 records long.  I'm not going to sit and compose 36,000 emails.  Even if I did, most email servers have a limit as to how many emails can go out per hour/day etc...

That is the purpose of this solution.  I'm not trying to violate CAN-SPAM measures.  In fact, I am trying to abide by them and send individuals an invitation to "re-opt-in" to my list.  I want to schedule these invitations to go out so that they do not violate my ISP's limits on outgoing mail.

So you see, I do not have a choice.  I would be glad to use a mail service, but since the list is so large, and so old, none of them are willing to send to it.  They have all said the same thing.  Send a single email to these addresses and ask to opt-in again.

So if I can't sent html, then a link to the opt-in form (hosted by my mail service) will have to do.

So the question remains.  Anyone have or know of a solution?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a program that will send out broadcast email in batches. It lets you pick the batch size.  

The sending is manual though, not scheduled.  Also, it outputs to your email client.  It is not a direct send.

It is written in the FMP 7-11 family.

If this seems to be something that would do the job for you, let me know.

Dave McQueen

This topic is 4136 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.