GoLive 5 & FM Pro 5 Unlimited on the Mac

This topic is 8506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Okay, I've played with FileMaker 5 and have been impressed. I'd like to publish a few databases on the web but I'm finding the "Instant Web Publishing" limitations unacceptable.

I've worked with GoLive 4 and found it a useful tool. With GoLive 5 now available, it provides some useful upgrades.

I've got a Beige G3 300Mhz machine with a static IP hooked to the University backbone.

I'd like to combine these resources....

Is someone using GoLive5 with FM Pro Unlimited on a Mac? Is it reasonable to combine these tools to create educational college level courseware for survey research classes?

Can you recommend some useful resources that will enable efficient integration of these tools and equipment?

Thanks,

jeff

I don't know GoLive (I use Dreamweaver) but I can tell you the best software I know of to ease building web enabled database systems with FileMaker's Web Companion: Home Page 3. I think that FileMaker Inc still sells it. You might check out their web site at http://www.filemaker.com.

If you want to go past Web Companion and use Lasso, Blueworld (the publishers of Lasso) offer a Lasso Studio for Go Live which adds some functionality that makes it easier to build web sites for Lasso and FileMaker, but I don't think it would be of much use for Web Companion.

Chuck

I am using GoLive since version 2 and FM since version 1.

This combo is the best I've ever tried. I am using that on Macs and Windows.

I think Lasso was sort of necessary with v 4 of FM.

Version 5 Unlimited is very fast and I do not feel Lasso can improve something.

Anatoli

This topic is 8506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.