Server repeatedly crashes and intermittent slow performance...

This topic is 4067 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All

I'm wondering any of you could shed some light on this for me or rather make some educated guesses about what could be our problem!

Our setup;

Mac server (10.6.8), running FileMaker Server 11 Advanced

Mac clients (all between 10.5.8 and 10.6.8 I think) all running via FileMaker Pro 11 - these clients log into networked user accounts which are synched between 2 different locations (although they only log into this FileMaker Server from one location)

We also have a number of clients who connect to a PHP site with FileMaker backend.

Right so at least once a week our server crashes, all users get the spinning wheel and are kicked or have to force quit FileMaker. There is nothing at all in the logs to suggest what has caused this...

I just wanted to know if there is some kind of issue with our setup i.e. the synched networked user accounts or if there is anything else any of you can suggest???

If you want some more info don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks in advance

Vicky x

The sync'd network accounts should not be an issue.  Do you see any crash indications in the OSX logs?  Or is FMS just going deaf and dumb and you need to reboot the machine to get it back?  Do you have the FMS statistics logging turned on?  If not, turn it on so that you'll be able to start collecting some info on how busy the server is.

Any DMP files in the FMS logs folder?  Can you see a pattern in the time of day or day of week this usually happens?  Anything else going on with that machine (other tasks, services).  How many users are in the system at the time of the crashes?

This topic is 4067 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.