Empty portal row at top row for new data entry

rkass068

This topic is 2935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello I am just wondering if there is way to make the last empty portal row to create a new record at the top row. I have sorted the portal by a date field with the most recent date at the top. I would like the empty portal row at the top so that the data collector wont have to scroll through a bunch of records to get the the empty row at the bottom.

Thanks 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi,

Very good solution, I tried it and it works great. 
I added automated timestamp field in the related base and change portal sorting to this field and to descending parameter.
The result is the records are sorted from the latest to the oldest … of course!!.
With many records created during the same day I have always the last one in the first line of the portal :yep:

• 2 years later...
  • Newbies

That's really great! I tried to recreate your setup, but my text field from OnePortalRow does not clear after data entry to show the next new empty record. I can only modify the first one created. I don't see any scripting in your file. What am I doing wrong that my edit box doesn't jump to the next new record in the related table? My relationships are identical, including creation of new records.

Thanks!

Here's my try. I just can't figure out what I'm missing.

My try.fmp12

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hello,

DataEntryPortalRow says it is not modifiable to me so I am not able to check how the portals are set.

What filtering option is being used for the second portal?

This is exactly something that I have been trying to solve as well so would love to get this to work.

Thank you!

Did you unzip the file first (extract all).  Open directly from the zipped folder is the usual reason why you cant modify a file.

On a side note...Where have you been Daniele.  I have not seen you on the forums in many months...hope all is well.

Edited by Steve Martino

This topic is 2935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.