XML queries - a really dumb question

brianlees

This topic is 3770 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

So, we are a looking to open up a database to Geckoboard for dashboarding.  I'm reviewing the Custom Web Publishing with XML document.  What I can't figure out is what I'm referencing.  We want to XML publish calculated information, such as a percentage from the past day, week, or year-to-date.

Am I building a layout with calculation fields in a new table or a report to then base this XML off of?  I have the database and I have already done some "raw queries" to existing layouts, but I guess I'm missing the point on the summary/calculated data portion.

If anyone can point me to an overview of this outside of the PDF I referenced above, that would be great.

Sorry for the stupid question today.  It's close to Christmas and my mind is fried.

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "FileMaker 13 General Discussion" to "XML/XSL

The General topic for 13 is for discussion of the tools that were part of the version. Your profile reads v12 and if you have upgraded to v 13, please update your profile to reflect the newer version. Here is a quick like if you need to make this change. MY PROFILE

This topic is 3770 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.