XML Query syntax - I'm getting something wrong

brianlees

This topic is 3759 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm attempting to setup my first XML query into our FMP Server (12).  I have a layout that has a script associated with it to execute on layout enter.  The only thing the script does is set to browse, go to the layout, execute a find (all records with a certain date).

But, I can't get the sytanx of the query correct.  I always get errors, mostly 4.  So, I tested just loading a small table and that query is fine.  Here is that query:

http://filemaker/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=Fill%20Rate&-lay=KPI3&-findall

Here is the query of the one that doesn't work (the layout with the query associated with it)

http://filemaker/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=Fill%20Rate&-lay=KPI2&-script=GB2

So, after reading (and reading, and reading) the Custom Web Publishing with XML document, I'm still at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated!

Brian

Wait….  So, I added &-findall to the end and that seemed to work.  So, now I'm confused.  Do I always need to add that?

What you are missing is that you always have to ask for something back when you want to run a script.  That's whay the &-findall makes it work.

Running a script is an "additional" operator.

To make your query more responsive, use &-findany instead.  This will return just one random record instead of all the records in the table.

This topic is 3759 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.