Checkbox format under FMP13

Donny Limbert

This topic is 3711 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using FMPA13, I went to format a checkbox field this morning and it seems there is no longer a way to change the color of just the actual checkboxes or, if there is, I am missing something here. Under FMPA11, it was simple: select a color for the line, regardless of setting the Borders to off or on. In this case, Borders were turned off. Anyone else experience this or am I missing something obvious?

Hi Donny,

No, you're not missing anything.  In FMP12/13, the line and Line and Fill settings in the Appearance tab apply lines and fills to the checkbox set object as a whole; the formatting of the actual checkboxes and checkmarks cannot currently be changed in the Inspector.

Checkbox sets, along with radio button sets, scrollbars, (to a lesser extent) tab panels, and a few other objects are largely set by the built-in theme you start with as your base for customization, so these will probably guide your choice of starting theme.

hth,

Mark

Try this:

1. Find the checkbox (or object) you want in the other theme.
  2. Copy it to your layout with your theme.
  3. Create a new checkbox in your theme - be sure in Inspector > Appearance it says it is your default checkbox.
  4. Select the new checkbox and Format > Format Painter then select your default checkbox on the layout to apply it.
  5. Your Appearance tab will show your default Checkbox Style has changed (turns red)
  6. Now just save the changes to the Style then save the changes to the Theme.

Although it is recommended that we do not use Format Painter, I believe that using it to change a Style (which would be same as creating a new style which is acceptable) is not a problem since it is the CSS Style which will propagate through your solution.

Hey Mark?  Am I missing something here?  I see no post by liltbrockie nor a find by Henk.  Did something get deleted?

He he - looks like!!!  I reckon I'll delete my above reply as well, as it's now without context.  Thanks for alerting me to that, LaRetta.

Mark

Edit:  mystery solved:  posts split off by Lee (thanks Lee!) to a new thread.  

I wish I hadn't deleted my own reply in the process.  Lee, is it possible to recover my reply to liltbrockie and Henk and add to that new thread? (Never mind, I just recreated my reply, more or less close to the original, over there.)

This topic is 3711 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.