ScriptMaster works on Mac clients, won't work on Windows clients.

This topic is 3639 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have ScriptMaster 4, free version.

We have a Filemaker 11 Server on a Windows 2003 Server (ServicePack 2).

There we have installed and started the ScriptMaster plugin successfully, (32-bit version for Windows, in the /Extensions folder).

We have Filemaker Pro 11 clients, both on Mac and on Windows 7.

The Mac clients can see and execute groovy scripts using ScriptMaster,

the Windows clients cannot even see the plugin in the preferences.

I have tried the 64-bit version on the server, in desperation, (and it still works for Mac clients, but not from Windows!) but Windows 2003 Server is 32-bit in actual fact.

This has got us absolutely stumped, why does it work on Mac clients but not on the Windows clients?

Hello,

You say that you manually installed ScriptMaster to your FileMaker Server 11 machine, but did you manually install ScriptMaster to the Mac and Windows client machines? Plugins installed to the Extensions (I'm assuming you mean the "FileMaker ServerDatabase ServerExtensions") directory are only for use with server-side scheduled scripts. They will not work with scripts being run in the FileMaker Pro client, nor will they show up in FMP Preferences.

The plugin must be installed somehow to the Mac machines for it to show up in FMP Preferences. FMP11 will load plugins from two locations: "/Applications/FileMaker Pro 11/Extensions" and "/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions", so can you check both of those locations for copies of the ScriptMaster plugin?

As a side note, the 64-bit ".fmx64" versions of 360Works plugins are currently only necessary in two environments: Custom Web Publishing on FMS12v02+ and FMS13. The OS being 32-bit or 64-bit has no bearing on which plugin should be used; only the FMS version matters.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I confirm that I have found a copy of the extension in Filemaker Pro for Mac! 

I presume that when I did a download it put itself there, because I have no recollection of doing this.

That explains everything. And presumably there is no point in putting the extension on the server for this.

Obviously I would be interested in something that I just had to put on the server, as I will explain, but I understand why that may not be possible.

The functionality I am interested in is calling a url behind the scenes, which synchronizes the current FMaker record with a record on another database.

This is set off by a script trigger.

PostDataToUrl is a great function because the FMaker equivalent insists on opening a browser, which I never want or need.

Is there any possible way of doing this on the server, so I can just install something there?

You can install the ScriptMaster plugin to FMS for use with server-side scheduled scripts, but I do not think it will suit your purposes unless you are using FM13. Server-side scripts can only be run on demand with FM13 using the Perform Script on Server script step. Otherwise they must be run on a schedule which does not sound like it will work for you.

This topic is 3639 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.