based on a calc TO

This topic is 3584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I want to do a conditional format of a button based on a self TO which the relationship is based on a get(currentdate) field .. but it's not working

ie Table::datedue < [self]Table::Get(currentdate)

I do tons of conditional formating but it's always been TOs which are not based on any calc fields .. so maybe it's a fundamental thing... or I'm missing something  

thanks

Cate

What fact is it that you want to signify with your CF? That the record's date is < current date? Then why a relationship, and not simply use 

Table::dateDue < Get ( CurrentDate)

as the formatting condition?

Hi, I want to do a conditional format of a button based on a self TO which the relationship is based on a get(currentdate) field

In order for a Get() function to update properly in a calculation field, the field must be unstored – but then you cannot use that field as the right (data) side of a relationship.

I do tons of conditional formating but it's always been TOs which are not based on any calc fields .. so maybe it's a fundamental thing... or I'm missing something  

A TO is based on a table, and nothing else; do you mean “relationship” …?

thanks eos, I probably worded it wrongly.  I was trying to find a way of showing all the records where the due date exceeds todays date and displaying them using a portal in a popover .. the popover button would be a different colour if there are any records .. I was wanting it to be dynamic in so far as when they gotorelated record from the popover/portal, they can reset the due date and that record will disappear from the popover/portal  ie without the need for scripting perform find etc 

You comment about no get() on the right side of the relationship seems to be the prob and why my current won't work .. but I'm taking it I can have the get(currentdate) as a calc field on the left side of the relationship ?

You comment about no get() on the right side of the relationship seems to be the prob and why my current won't work .. but I'm taking it I can have the get(currentdate) as a calc field on the left side of the relationship ?

Yes, you can; but maybe just use a global field and set it to the current date, which gives the user the chance to enter and check on other dates manually.

See here:

DateDueInPopover_eos.fmp12.zip

Hi eos,  worked it out, did get(currentdate) > due date and added a couple of connectors to filter out jobs closed and branchID and the CF and portal works. 

I'll remember the Get() only on the left .. supposed I'd learn those sort of things if I did a course ! .. thanks again  

This topic is 3584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.