Modifying preview status bar

Seeker4

This topic is 3570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My application generates a report to a new floating document window, enters Preview mode and displays the status bar.  The status bar has buttons for navigating through the report, printing, saving to Excel or PDF, etc.  All that's just what I need.

But below the button the status area includes controls to change the layout, switch the view, or exit preview mode.  I don't want any of those capabilities available to the user.

How can I eliminate this portion of the status bar?  Or is there some other approach I need to take?

And, is there a way to add a "close window" button to this status bar?

Could you create a "Preview Window" without the status bar make it a standard document window without any "options" (close / zoom )

then create another window that is a floating window with all the controls and functions you need using a utility layout table.

then any features you need like step thru pages can be done on the floating window - targeting the title of the preview window by name.

and then when you execute a print or close option the script would run to close the "option floating window and the preview window" 

alternatively you could establish CUSTOM MENUS when in preview this will provide features you need to perform and any thing exposed in the TOOLBAR would perform your customized scripts vs the DEFAULT ones. 

So I could create a custom menu that would cause the tools I don't want used to be ignored or operate differently if the user clicked on them.  Not quite as nice as removing the visual component as well, but that may work.

Thanks!

This topic is 3570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.