External Data Source File Closed By Host error

This topic is 3466 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am creating a Go solution that uses a hosted filemaker database for syncing only. So they will only use the external connection when syncing records. The problem is when I open my mobile file (on ipad or just on my desktop) I run a loginscript to capture the account name and..

Login Script

Step 1: Go to Layout["Service Tech" (ServiceTech)]

Step 2: Enter Find Mode[]

As soon as step 2 starts i get the following message box

The file "Service" could not be opened. (File closed by host)

If you press ok then it tries to located the file Service. Well I don't want to open that external datasource until the user initiates the Sync function. This is because most of the time the user will not have internet access and could sync.

Any thoughts why this is doing this?

I have check the Layout that the script is on and there are no fields that tie to the external data source.

Thanks

Thom

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

One of my clients is getting the same error message. We have a locally hosted database that 'interacts' with the server hosted db via various scripts.

Recently, my client started getting an error when running the script: "The File [DB Name Here] Could Not Be Opened. File Closed By Host". I don't get the same error when I run the script from my machine. My client is using a Mac and I'm using a PC with Windows 7.

I thought that the problem might be related to the recent FM Server update (v 0.4), but the hosting provider is using v 0.3.

This topic is 3466 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.