Automated User Interface Creation

This topic is 3452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

No Access? Watch the preview video here. UserInterfaceAutomation_Pre.mp4
Attachment Size
ISOSnippetsTool.zip 93.23 KB
By Matt Petrowsky

Personally, I’m all about the time-savings. I think most people are. If I can accomplish anything, without sacrificing quality, in a shorter period of time I’ll take it!

Well, this video is going to be worth its weight in gold if you’ve spent any amount of time within FileMaker’s Layout mode doing a ton of repetitious tasks working with layout objects.

You see, FileMaker is a very powerful tool, but, it does have its own shortcomings. It suffers from a serious degree of “dialogitis”. You often have to drill down through so many dialogs it can take hours to implement an interface which uses a lot of similar elements which only change by a tiny degree - typically by a simple incrementation.

This is where you stop and say “Isn’t there a better way to do this?” Why YES! There is. Using a very simple tool, built in FileMaker, and a freely available plug-in, we can save many hundreds (maybe even thousands) of hours of development time over the course of a FileMaker career. This video will show you how!

Tags: 

View the full article

This topic is 3452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.