Web Viewer Image Cropping

This topic is 3315 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

No Access? Watch the preview video here. WebViewerCropping_Pre.mp4
Attachment Size
WebViewerCropping.zip 254.51 KB
By Matt Petrowsky

When it comes to solving problems within FileMaker, there's nothing quite so satisfying as visually seeing the result of a cool technique. Especially if it includes a picture of yourself!

Ok, vanity aside, this video and its technique file are just such a solution I had an immediate need, and put the technique to the test. It was all about collecting a variety of images from all kinds of different sources and making their presentation unified. Images were emailed to me which came from cell phones, high quality DSLR cameras and more.

I needed to manipulate theses images by cropping them to a specific size and storing them in an optimized fashion.

Limited to only native FileMaker functionality, this is a hard thing to do. You can't drag and image around to position, you can't choose the starting point and how much of an image to crop. You also can't zoom in or out in order to achieve the ideal size.

You can, however, do all these things with the tools FileMaker provides plus a little help from either a plugin or server side installed library.

This video will walk you through all the parts and pieces in order to understand how to both implement and use some pretty cool tech for cropping images right within FileMaker!

Tags: 

External links

MonkeyBread MBS Plugin

View the full article

This topic is 3315 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.