FMGo requires Host defined?

This topic is 3304 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been chasing down an issue all day and thought to post this in case someone else experienced the same.

We have a set of files that are downloaded to the iPad from a hosted file on FMS13. These files reference each other and the hosted file via external data sources.

It seems (and this doesn't seem to be the case with FMS12) that I must first define the Host in FMGo before those files can "see" the hosted files. Import scripts, by the way, use a $$path and that is what seemed to fail, until I added the Host definition.

I will "reset" my iPad and see if that is indeed the case with more thorough testing, but was wondering if anyone else had come across this issue.

~Barbara

Hi Barbara,

I have not noticed that issue.  On my iPad I have a small "opener" file loaded in FM Go.  It does nothing more than open a related file hosted on FM Server.  I do not have any servers defined on the FM Go "Hosts" tab.  Instead, the external server is defined the usual way within the FM file itself under "Manage External Data Sources". However, the server path is defined explicitly, I don't use a global variable. 

Hope that helps. 

This topic is 3304 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.