Billing international clients

This topic is 3210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Looking to find out info on those that deal with regular billing for international clients.  I have tried using credit card payments but it seems to tack on lots of extra fees etc for the client and if it were a one time deal then it wouldn't matter as much but considering that it has been numerous billings, the fees are adding up for them.

Another option would be paypal of course but trying to avoid that option.  Anyone have any experiences they could share with this?  Perhaps some kind of bank that someone has experience with?

Thanks.

-John

Hi Wim.  This particular client is in Australia and has to pay all these fees whenever we bill them monthly via Stripe.  They were trying to avoid paypal and instead perhaps use some kind of bank or another method to pay every month.  The goal is to have a cost efficient method without too many fees due to the frequency of the payments. 

Hi Wim.  This particular client is in Australia and has to pay all these fees whenever we bill them monthly via Stripe.  They were trying to avoid paypal and instead perhaps use some kind of bank or another method to pay every month.  The goal is to have a cost efficient method without too many fees due to the frequency of the payments. 

in my experience international wire transfers are just as expensive as the stripe or paypal alternatives.  Cashing an international check is both expensive and takes a long time.  So there may not be a good way out of this.

Short of opening a local bank account there and then transferring money out as a larger batch.

Yeah that is what I am maybe thinking.  Perhaps like an HSBC, Schwab, etc and have them send a check or something.  I sent Square a message to see if their cash.me would work without incurring all those fees.  Thanks all that chimed in so far...

and hello to all the regulars that I havent talked to in a while :-)

I routinely get paid via wire transfer. On my end this incurs no fees. Not sure about client side but I suspect it's the same for them. Mind you, I had to bully my bank . . . Even though the transfers are local they go through the international banking centre for some reason so are considered international transfers. It depends on your client's banking package. So from my point of view wire transfers are the way to go. And they're instant! I would ask your client if he/she can check on the availability of a different service pack that would include wire transfers. They really shouldn't cost anything after all. They end up saving the banks man hours but they will still charge us if they can.

With over 30 years receiving wire transfers its not difficult at all, but I have to say dealing with Americans seems to be a bigger learning curve, the smaller area banks don't seem to be as well setup for them.  We also like doing payments with known clients on a quarterly basis in some cases.

• 2 months later...

This topic is 3210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.