Create a pdf file with many pages and attach to email in Ipad

Tejas

This topic is 3256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

What I want is to create a pdf which has 2 or more layouts in FM i.e. multiple pages and then attach the pdf after creation to an email in Ipad.

I have tried to append the second layout pdf to the 1st but in Ipad we cannot append pdf so this solution does not work.

So please if anyone can suggest me any solution many thanls.

Thank you in advance.

As you've discovered, Append to PDF is not a fmgo supported script step.  So, revisit your premise. Why is this report not able to be created from one layout? If it truly requires reporting on data from unrelated tables, then explore the use of the Virtual List technique.  

Btw, many pages does not require more than one layout. 

Edited by bcooney

Hi bcooney,

The data which we want in the pdf does not fit on a single layout and so we need 2 layouts.

Can you tell me more about virtual list technique or how can I use it?

Thanks for your information.

Hi bcooney,

The max height of the layout that we can use in FM 11 is of 8000px.

We have almost 15-20 different sections in the pdf and each section should be generated on a new page.

We have tried a lot to get each section on a new page in the pdf but it is not coming correctly as data for each section can be of large or small size and so it is not adjusting correctly in FM.

All the sections are not fitting in a single layout and so we have to make 2 layouts.

Thank you in advance for the help.

if these are form layouts not list then filemaker can be i believe make about 12 pages long, i've done long pages.

Filemaker can slide objects above and reduce the body parts as needed so things will slide up.

however there are a few caveats - if any text is vertical middle aligned that object may not slide properly - also some objects with borders may not also slide correctly. sometimes i had to create multiple square solid blocks stacked on top of each other one masking the other just enough to leave a faux border. - it may have gotten better in 13 - you may need to uncheck the options in layout setups  - think the one for delicate field messes up borders showing when printing.

This topic is 3256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.