Script Workspace First Impressions

This topic is 3219 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Quick question: Is there a way to make a script open in the workspace as opposed to in a new window?  It's pretty annoying to be debugging a script and then open it and see what I want to work on, then have to close it and go back to the workspace to search for it and open it in the workspace.  There really needs to be a way to 'send' an open script into the workspace...

Are you running the Debugger with the Workspace open? You can access the script while stepping through Debugger, just click on the pencil and it will take you to the step. 

You can leave the Workspace open while running the script.

Otherwise, I’m not sure I’m following what your saying?

Are you running the Debugger with the Workspace open? You can access the script while stepping through Debugger, just click on the pencil and it will take you to the step. 

​This will open the debugged script in a dedicated editing window*, not in the Script Workspace environment.

*The same one you get after selecting “Open in New Window” from the script list context menu.

I wonder if the debugging features couldn't be directly integrated into the Script Workspace …

You can leave the Workspace open while running the script.

Otherwise, I’m not sure I’m following what your saying?

​Yes, I realize that I can have both the script workspace and the script itself open in a different window, but that seems redundant.  I get why you'd want to show two scripts (or 3, or 4, etc) in different windows but any Code Editor with anything will have the ability to view code side-by-side without having to open multiple windows.

How did you do this in 13?

BTW, I managed to crash FM !4 twice by trying to get Script Workspace to open a second window. 

Is it me, or is the Workspace fragile?

Edited by Lee Smith
BTW

How did you do this in 13?

BTW, I managed to crash FM !4 twice by trying to get Script Workspace to open a second window. 

Is it me, or is the Workspace fragile?

Since there was no Script Workplace in 13, a ton of windows ;)

This topic is 3219 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.