Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Adding up only certain rows of a portal

This topic is 3268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a portal that is displaying a list of items. Each item has a dollar amount and an additional tag on it.

Is there a way to create a total of the dollar figure of only a certain selection of the portal records.

In my example i have a table called services. It is linked to a table called assets and that table is linked to a table called inventory.

My portal shows all the inventory related to the service based on the assets that are related to the service. See the relationship diagram in attachements. With this relationship i can view a portal into the inventory table that looks like the one in the attachement

I want to add the total cost amounts seen in the portal but leave out the costs if the related service is equal to the current service i am on. So in the example that you see in the portal I would want to exclude all the items that say LAN because the current service that I am on to view this portal is in fact LAN and i want to add up everything in that portal that has a related service not equal to LAN.

Thanks for the help!

-Erik

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 10.05.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 10.07.35 AM.png

I think the simplest would be to make a summary field in the Inventory table summing the costs. Then put a single row portal on the layout showing that summary field and filter the portal where inventory::relatedService =/= Service::Name.

That should work...I haven't tried it with a relationship that's two "hops" away though.

A summary field only exists in a portal if that is the only place you put it.

Time to learn about basic FileMaker reporting.

This topic is 3268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.